The Diesel Garage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

07 LBZ tuning help

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jasondt2001 
#1 ·
I just traded my 05 LLY 2500 for a 07 LBZ 3500 DRW. I was very happy with my previous truck setup but I know there are other options now. I previously had the edge juice with attitude, boost stick, EGR blocker plate, finger stick, and 4" turbo back exhaust. I liked the edge unit because of the gauges it gave me and the selectable power settings. When empty I would run 3/5 and towing I would run 1/2 or 2/2. I have a 5er that is very heavy. 16K normally loaded. I understand EFI Live can now do everything I did before with physical parts. I don't understand it much though and don't know if I want to start trying to program the truck myself. I am considering a tuned ECM from kennedy but have minor concerns about not having a selectable power setting for when I tow heavy. I don't want to limp the tranny pulling a large grade. I also would not have the gauges that the attitude monitor gives. I don't have much knowledge of the banks system but I also liked how easy the edge unit went in and out for stealer service needs. Does banks go in and out easily? Should I go back to the same setup I had before or is there a better solution now? HELP!

#2 ·
awww come on guys. Okay here is what I know. I know about the edge products from previous experiance and like it for the reasons stated above. (selectable power settings, on the fly adjustments, gauges)
Bully dog - I know many people use it. That's all I know
Banks - I know I see a lot of fords with banks stickers. That's all I know
PPE - I know they produce big power numbers but are they mostly for race vs. tow tunes?
EFI Live - I know you have to program parameters yourself and wouldn't even know where to start. I also know it's not on the fly adjustable nor can you have multiple tunes (at this time)
Can someone fill in the blanks? I'm not trying to start a this is better than that thread, I just want to know how each works, what the limitations and advantages to each are...
Thanks.

#3 ·
Heres what I can tell you about the banks pda setup. It works on the fly, hp is pretty decent and it doesn't throw any codes. Mileage is right around 18-19 empty. If you start pulling a heavy load, which it appears you will be, it'll go down to 11-12. Can't tell you anything about the others, other than I spanked a guy who had his bully dog set on the middle level. Hey, I bought it so I can shift on the fly!

#6 ·
blksmok said:
I understand EFI Live can now do everything I did before with physical parts. I don't understand it much though and don't know if I want to start trying to program the truck myself. I am considering a tuned ECM from kennedy
There are available tunes for EFI, even for the LBZ. Where are you located?

#7 ·
EFILive is infintely changeable. It may not be switch on the fly for the LBZ's yet but, the upgrades are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.