Same 'ol Tuner Questions....Sorry - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HDbajakid, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1189 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Same 'ol Tuner Questions....Sorry

Ok. So I surfed the pages of this forum. I have come to the Conclusion that PPE is the most recommended programmer for my 07 LBZ.

My intent:
I intend on making a programmer the first of my upgrades. The reason I am going for the upgrades are to make it a little faster on the strip. I am not looking to be towing, and this IS my daily driver so I cannot get too carried away. Not only that, I am in the Army so I am broke.

What I am looking at:
PPE Xcellerator---
Additional 225HP max at the flywheel.
4 Power level tunes
Tire size speedometer corrections from Tire Sizes 25.00" to 44.75"
Speed Limiter Adjustable from 40 to 200MPH in 1 MPH increments.
Gear Ratio Adjustable from 2.73 to 5.13
Simple download into the OBD II port under the dash. 1-year warranty
(Yes that was a copy and paste from PPE's website)

My Questions:
I know people have talked about the Hot+2, but not this particular programmer. Have anyone used just the Xcellerator?
What else should I get to go along with this? ie Any guages, or monitors?

Any Recommendations that you may have will be greatly appreciated, and very helpful as well. Also, if you can think of anything I missed please fill me in. I am new into the Diesel scene, and loving it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Since PPE rates their HP at the crank, take 25% off their numbers when figuring rwhp..

Simply put, don't go above +100rwhp on the stock trans. Look into buying a converter and Transgo Jr kit for the trans, then you'll be able to run more power.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:08 AM
diesel idiot

Hey Tom do you know if quadzilla rates their numbers at the crank or wheel?

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 AM

we ahve one on a lbz and it rocks the customer was happy but i told him with the stock tranny dont go above 90 hp . we had another lbz he tested it out and took the de fueling off and he said that it was a good drive but he could feel the tranny slipping but they are great programmers
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 AM
diesel idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbajakid
Ok. So I surfed the pages of this forum. I have come to the Conclusion that PPE is the most recommended programmer for my 07 LBZ.

My intent:
I intend on making a programmer the first of my upgrades. The reason I am going for the upgrades are to make it a little faster on the strip. I am not looking to be towing, and this IS my daily driver so I cannot get too carried away. Not only that, I am in the Army so I am broke.

What I am looking at:
PPE Xcellerator---
Additional 225HP max at the flywheel.
4 Power level tunes
Tire size speedometer corrections from Tire Sizes 25.00" to 44.75"
Speed Limiter Adjustable from 40 to 200MPH in 1 MPH increments.
Gear Ratio Adjustable from 2.73 to 5.13
Simple download into the OBD II port under the dash. 1-year warranty
(Yes that was a copy and paste from PPE's website)

My Questions:
I know people have talked about the Hot+2, but not this particular programmer. Have anyone used just the Xcellerator?
What else should I get to go along with this? ie Any guages, or monitors?

Any Recommendations that you may have will be greatly appreciated, and very helpful as well. Also, if you can think of anything I missed please fill me in. I am new into the Diesel scene, and loving it.

Thanks
IMHO, anyone with a diesel should have EGT and boost gauges at the very minimum, and its absolutely necessary if you plan on modifying anything. A bigger exhaust would help out with a tune, and other than that you dont really need much.

2004 Chevy CC/SB LB7 LT3
EFILive, SC Trans w/ 1058 by me, Traction bars and centerlink braces built by me, Custom adjustable stock wastegate, 6 inch custom exhaust, 1792 Lift Pump, Belltech 3" drop shackles, Black H2's w/ Falken 285/60/17s for summer, BFG 315/70/17s for winter, SD sleeves, DiPricol EGT and Boost gauges on the pillar along with an Aeroforce for rail PSI and trans temp, 2 Kicker Comp CVT 10's w/ memphis amp, t-rex full face billet grille,limo tint, .Oh yeah I'm 20 and I built and tuned it myself.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 PM

You should think about getting an exhaust system and gauges before the tuner, that way you will know when to back off and could save yourself money in the long run.

ReneG

09 F-350 FX4 lux package, everything but sunroof
Suncoast rebuilt trans. and converter
Line-X box liner and rocker panels
4-lightforce lights on KC light bar
OUO Traction 5"traction blocks
Icon adjustable track bar
Air bags and compressor
Icon 2.5" Leveling kit
Marathon sled deck
Flo-pro exhaust
S&B intake

Waiting for time to install
Dirty Diesel cold side I/C pipe

CANADIAN CLUB MEMBER #15
SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #227

spartan tuned courtesy of www.dirtydieselcustoms.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode