exhaust/tuner - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 05 Duramax, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1410 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
exhaust/tuner

i am lookin into exhaust, thinkin mbrp not sure if i want a straight pipe or a muffler. would like it to be quite inside cab with windows up, i think im gettin old. i do have little kids so that is why dont want it to be terribly loud inside. i do pull our fifth wheel camper which is about 10000 pounds. as for the tuner was thinkin of the ppe xcellarator economy. back to the gettin old thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
The PPE Econ tuner should be plenty if you just want a little more jam for towing or spanking camaros and mustangs

I have to recommend Magnaflow, stainless and the price is right, I have nothing against MBRP, Helped my brother install a system on his LMM, but the kit wasnt ment to be installed on an LMM so it was a PITA, but its all stainless and a nice heavy piping, its just a little $$$ for me

My LBZ is straight piped and it is barely noticable at highway speeds, but once you get into it you can tell its missing the muffler and cat

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

Check out the NEW and IMPROVED TDG Truck Poll!
TDG TOTQ
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Ok so I was almost sold on the ppe but then i found the edge juice and cs for the same money as the ppe and a set of gauges. But the only concern i have is alot of the people on here are not real impressed with the edge, has this got any better. I really like the idea to be able to monitor all the other stuff other than what individual gauges i buy.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
for quality of the tune, as in how well the fueling/boost/timing tables are adjusted, PPE is WAY better than edge, you will get 80% of people recommend PPE to you simply because of the fact that they are the best "canned" tune you can buy

I had no problem with my edge juice with attitude monitor on my dodge, the tunes werent the best, but the monitor screen was nice, it could monitor a lot of things, beyond what two or three gauges could monitor, but to be honest i never did look at more than the boost and egt readings, my bro has the CTS insight, and he really likes it

It comes down to what you want, better tunes, or more variety for monitoring abilities

Aaron the Crazy Canuck
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500: LBZ - Allison, Greystone Metallic, 4x4,PPE airbox mod, missing muffler/cat, EFILive tuned by Nick at duramaxtuner, MA tie-rod sleeves and Grade C headgaskets
Totalled!! May 2nd 2008-2005 Dodge Ram 3500 laramie: Cummins auto, plain white, rebuilt tranny
1986 Mercury Capri - 5.0L, AOD, shorty headers, acell ignition, Holly street dominator intake, Holly 625 vacuum secondaries carb, Dual glass packs "my little yellow terror"

DURAMAX INDEX; You want a Duramax? you want to click on this >>The Duramax Index

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

TDG TOTQ
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Ok so i guess im alot indecisive, but i dont want to harm my pickup at all so i want a good tune how about the edge evolution not the race one can i use this with a straight pipe. I like alot of the feature of the edge juice cs but like the idea of a tuner not just intercepting signals and altering them. I also like the evolution because i believe it is about 100 horse so thats more what im looking for. Also does the evolution have the engine brake feature like the juice module?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
CRAZY CANUCK

Garage
The juice isn't going to harm your truck, it has built in safety feaures that automatically back down the tuning by a certain percentage based on user set values, such as egt, boost, transmisson slip, engine temp, that way you can run on the highest tune and not have to worry about hurting your truck, and you can change those values at anytime depending on what upgrades you have done

Bombdocdiesel made 480hp with his lmm and the edge juice cts

Straight pipe will work regardless, even on stock factory tuning

Aaron the Crazy Canuck

Canadian Club Member #1
Singles Club member #186
Ridin Dirty Club #5

TDG MAFIA

TDG TOTQ
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
BUG JUICER and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Duramax View Post
like the idea of a tuner not just intercepting signals and altering them.
There are good reasons to worry. Listen to your gut feeling.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
There are good reasons to worry. Listen to your gut feeling.

So by this do u mean the ppe or the edge or just a tuner in general in all around a better idea. what is ur suggestion for the tuner.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 AM
BUG JUICER and

meaning don't use a parasitic tuner. I highly suggest custom tuning.

Michael
Vehicle Systems Engineer/Professional Tuner
04.5 GMC 2500HD SRW LLY

Learn about INDUCTION OVERHEATING

ECM's FOR SALE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode