Bully Dog Help!!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Unkey, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 4540 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Angry Bully Dog Help!!!

I really need some help. I have a '05 Duramax LLY and have had a cold air intake and larger exhaust system placed as well as a triple dog and outlook monitor installed. I started with an Edge Juice Box, but it kept tripping engine codes and we replaced it with the Bully Dog. Now, anytime I get on it, in ANY setting (from Stock all the way to Extreme) the check engine light comes on and I lose all power over 2000 RPM's. According to the triple dog monitor (which I use to reset the codes...a lot) the trouble codes are: P-1093 and P-1094 and P-1621. The dealership (where I had all this stuff installed) can't seem to figure out whats going on. Also...when it does run, in the extreme setting, it runs very rough, like its not getting enough fuel. I assume this is a problem with the computer chip, as there was no problem before I paid to have these "enhancements" done.

Whats my next step? HELP!!!

Todd
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Kat

You will most likely need one of these

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ead.php?t=8036
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Kat,
Thanks for the reply. I am very new to ALL of this...its my first truck. Can you please tell me what a shim mod is and what it does? I assume I can get this done at my dealer where everything else has been installed. If not, does anyone know of a good place in the Portalnd Oregon area that I can take my truck?

Thanks, in advance!
Todd
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2006, 10:15 PM

PM a guy here named Max Payne. He's a GM Tech up that way, and he's usually glad to help fellow diesel nuts.

You can do that shim mod yourself, too....if you are moderately mechanically inclined. Pat's write up is excellent.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 02:35 PM

The problem that started with the Edge is still there. Since you've encountered this numeropus times, you will likely NEED a shim mod, but lift pump supply often takes care of this also. You need to eliminate restriction across the filter and fuel system and keep a steady supply of low psi fuel at the inlet of the pump.

GM has a bulletin on this and they do offer a new replacement relief valve. How your dealer handles it beyond that will depend, but you MAY get them to shim it while they are replacing it.

The key is to add lift supply like my Dmax twin lift pumps and billet pickup AND watch for filter restriction.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 PM

P-1093 and P-1094: these are both fueling codes
P-1621: Will be there as long as a programmer is installed.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode