need help??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lumpy, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 831 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

need help???

Hey guys need some help here. I have a 2004.5 lly cc dually 4x4. Ive already done the exhaust and cold air. The exhaust is 4" from the turbo back. Im running 35s with a 6" rcd lift. 410s for the gearing...What do I do next???? I use it as a work truck pulling generators for the studios...about 8000lbs... daily ....any help???? great site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 01:13 PM

did you do any programmers or chips if you didn't i would recommend a ppe economy xcelleror that will add 120hp on the highest setting and you should have enough power to move most mountians and not to much that your stock tranny can't handle and on my trucks with the ppe i gained almost 4mpg on a 06 gmc 2500hd LBZ and the other one is a 05 chevy 3500 dually..you mentioned you have you have 4.10's gears did you do them aftermarket,the reson i ask the stock duramax only comes with 3.73's..if you did that aftermarket please let me know where..thanks james
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

hey dude sounds good...about the gears....Mike duncan...the 4x4 doctor....also how tough is it to do that programmer..mileage isnt a problem...which is the best one....as far as programmers or chips
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:15 AM

lumpy:

2:

I agree, get a programmer. Lots of boxes and down loaders to choose from. The Edge Juice / Attitude is one of the most popular boxes, and the Predator 2.02 is one of the most popular down loaders. I had an Edge EZ and was happy with it's performance.

If I understand correctly, a stock Allison will handle approx. 75 additional hp (or approx. 700 total rear wheel lbs-ft torque) before it protests; the torque convertor clutch and / or C2 clutch will slip.

You may wish to consider a gauges; exhaust gas temperature (EGT) and boost.

- Steve

2004.5 2500HD CCSB, 4x4, D/A, tow tune, TD-EOC

Goodies occupying space in garage: Corsa full exhaust, Isspro gauges, KB CAI

2006 Tahoe Transport 33WTB; 14,000 lbs.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 AM

I Agre With The Above Need To Do A Programer I Have A Cummins So I Dont Know What Works Good With Chevy Even Know I Am A Chevy Gas Guy, But I Am About To Buy A Ppe Downloader.

"i Bought A Cummins And A Dodge Came With It"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 PM

I also agree w/ stevebos, guages then upgrade the tranny before adding any more power, especially if you tow. Just my opinion. Otherwise you might have to change your name from lumpy to limpy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey73
I also agree w/ stevebos, guages then upgrade the tranny before adding any more power, especially if you tow. Just my opinion. Otherwise you might have to change your name from lumpy to limpy.
Now that there is funny I don't care who ya are!!!!!!

Everyone is pointing you in the right direction, stay around 40-50-60 hp or so unless you are ready to drop serious cash on your tranny. :Thumbup:

Or change the nickname!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

cool guys thanx.....what about the EFI.??? live wire ....any thoughts...also about the tranny...I hear good things about Ingelwood transmission...any thoughs.....and about the nickname...very funny....had it about 10 years now...cant change it
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode