Programmers, Chips, more power anything!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lbdodge24v, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 898 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Programmers, Chips, more power anything!!

Alright, I have a buddy with a 2005 Chevy Duramax, He just wants something on it that is good, adds milage and can be pretty aggressive when needed or wanted. Mostly he wants it like his last truck was, he had a 2001 chevy duramax with a juice without attitude, and there was some kind of programmer left in it,.:shrug:

But anyways, what would yall suggest for him to get. He likes the idea of bein able to change settings on the go. I wasn't sure which way to send him, so thought i might ask here.

Thanks for any info in advance.:thanks:

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

I am slow to push the Edge lately with the quality issues they have been having, but he might want to get ahold of an EFI tune with a DSP 5 switch, that will allow for 5 different tunes that can be changed with just the flick of the knob.

Eric Merchant
www.Merchant-Automotive.com
Zeeland, MI
1-866-399-7169
ASE/GM Master Certified
AC Delco Independent Repair Center
Authorized Suncoast dealer/installer
State of Michigan Licensed Repair Facility
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxalliTech
I am slow to push the Edge lately with the quality issues they have been having, but he might want to get ahold of an EFI tune with a DSP 5 switch, that will allow for 5 different tunes that can be changed with just the flick of the knob.
I agree with Eric, its sad about Edge because they were like pioneers in the business, but I see no reason to complicate the setup with a harness box of any kind when software tuners can do as much if not more than the boxes.

Easiest, quickest, and less complex answer is to have him get any of the many hand held OBD-II port plug in tuners, or for the ultimate but complex advanced user go with EFI Live.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Alright, thanks for the info on this one, I will tell him what yall said, and he will have to take it from there. Thanks again.

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode