Predator vs triple Dog Review - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Llydmax, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 1114 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Predator vs triple Dog Review

Ok guys been wanting to test this for awhile now. I borrowed a buddies triple dog to test against the predator that I currently own. First off predator went straight to 100hp, VERY touchy throttle, lots of smoke both of both colors : decent shifting. Overall its a good unit for the price. Next up bully dog triple dog. Went all the way up from tow through extreme. Overall the shifting is better more tire noise less about the same smoke. On extreme :evil: is all you can think about. Steep price..... slow first download but adjustable on the fly :. On my truck the engine like the triple dog more, less timing rattle and engine rattle. That rattle when shifting isnt there anymore and it was ever since I bought the truck. Ive ridden in other dmaxs' that did that as well. Ease of use hands down goes to diablosport but im more in love with the bullydog so thats who my vote goes to. Diablosport up for sale make me an offer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 07:19 AM

I would like to buy a predator! I have been looking at them for awhile now. Just remember to be careful with the changing on the fly. The Allison has a memory of its own. If you change on the fly too much it can get confused and change gears for no reason. A buddie od mine "had" the Edge juice with attitude and he changed on the fly too much over a short period of time and confused the Allison. He was doing 75 in 5th gear and it went straight to 1st! Destroyed the rear end, twisted his drive shaft in two, busted the transfer case in half, and bent the output shaft on the tranny! Cost him 5 grand and a month with out his truck! The day he got it back he ripped the edge out. He bought a PPE the next day! All I have to say is be careful.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

damn that sucks, yea thanks bro
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Okay a real old guy here and really new to Diesels. Just bought my dream truck and scared to death of damaging her. 2004 GMC duramax/ allison crewcab, 4X4 full load I mean everything. I think a LB7 motor, 8th number of vin is a 1. 80,000 miles I made sure I bought one from a one owner, never chipped, no engine modification. Just bigger tires, ranchero 3" lift { running boards for the old guy} Matching canopy. I did a mpg check the old way total miles divided by gallons, averaged 16.5 no load.
Now I pull a 30' travel trailer aprox 8000 lbs loaded. I want to be able to fly up hills without dying like I did with my ford 460CI. and I definitely wanted better than 7 MPG. So without huge dollars { on a pension} and not wanting to do anything other than drive, what do you all suggest. I dont want to be under the hood fine tuning or anything other than checking fluid levels, too high up for me lol. So bring it on, tell an old guy what he needs please.
Thanks in advance,,, told ya I was a newbie.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 PM

Well since you going to be pulling a load up some hills I would deffinently get some guages to keep an eye on things. An EGT in a must for pulling. So get an EGT, boost, and maybe a trans temp. Next I would get an intake then a 4in exhaust. You know then more air in, the more air out. And that will also help keep your EGT's down. Get that beast breathing better!:evil: Now what your prolly wanting is a mild flash tuner. Has nothing to do with anything under the hood. Plug it in the OBDII port under the dash an upload a tune and your done. A good mild tuner would prolly be the predator. Use the 40hp tow tune for towing your trailer, and the 65hp economy performance tune for driving around town. Do this and you should be good to go!:Thumbup:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 PM

I like the Preadator also, i felt that the Bully Dog added way to much timing.... just my two cents
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 03:38 PM

I've not a speedster, just need extra HP every once in a while for towing. I have a Predator and it does everything I want or need. Little easier on the old pocket book too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode