Van Aaken - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Seventy468, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1139 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2006, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Van Aaken

Hey just wondering, has anyone ever tried stacking Triple dog's crazy larry with Van Aakens module? Or does anyone know of the best combination for the most power? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:17 AM

Best stack-Edge hot juice/Quad

best single tune- Moonshine
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 12:57 AM

The VA 200 alone will make as much or more than a Edge/Quad stack. Same day,same dyno,virtually same truck I made more HP and TQ with my VA than my buddy did with his Edge/Quad stack. Both LB7/6spd's with identical clutches. He also had 4" exhaust,an AFE intake and lift pumps. I was stock using all stock stuff. I'll be adding a lift pump,maybe exhaust soon and will probably break 500rwhp. I feel the VA is plenty potent. I'd run it against Moonshine or a TTS. With a mod'd CP3 I would hope to make 525rwhp but we'll see when the $$$$ becomes avaliable. No doubt Moonshine offers the best and most options,but for half the price I'll keep my VA for a while.

01 2500 Duramax/ZF6,returned to daily driver590/995
03 3500 Duramax/Ally S/C IV EFI Live {Brothers truck}
04 3500 Duramax/Ally EFI Live,feed truck with 3 bale Hydra-Bed,very sick trans
06 4500 Duramax/Ally 4x4 Monroe,EFI Live,Danville turbo, CM flatbed
11 2500 Duramax/Ally 4x4 H&S tuned and deleted {GF's truck}
13 3500 Duramax/Ally 4x4 stock for a very short time
Some Green Equipment and a heard of Black Angus cows
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

do you think the va would stack well with the triple dog aka crazy larry? i borrowed a crazy larry and put it in my truck (02 lb7 4-door dually) and it kicked ***, i could hammer down on it and now problems , no change in temps, i was really please with it, but am wondering would will stack well with the va?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 01:11 PM

The Crazy Larry isn't much of a tune. I don't have a lot of cheerleaders, for my tuning, but will say that I have guys towing 13k 5'ers, daily driving, AND running very low 13's in full weight Crew Cabs running my Race tune.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 PM
PBR me ASAP

Kennedy make a mean tune for sure!! I made a few passes with the truck he is talking about. No joke all of 7450 Lbs 5er hitch and all that truck flat out moves. (there I'm done cheer leading today)

Ok back on topic. From what I've seen/herd the VA is a good box. As far as the "Crazy Larry" goes I made one pass down the track with it then pointed and laughed at it. Needless to say I was less than impressed. My old PPE hot would hand Larry his azz.

2K1 GMC HD RCLB D/A
EFI LIVE, BANKS MONSTER, CARTER LP, AFE2, SLEEVES, TRACK BARS, 285R60 PROXES ON H2's
MA III, MA Converter, Trans-Tcase brace profesionally installed by http://www.gmdieseltech.com
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Haha, thanks guys, the future plans are to have EFI live, but as of right now since I'm in college I cannot afford it so I am just trying to find the best programmer/module that doesnt hurt the pocketbook but also will allow me to "pour the coals to it" (as I once heard). I pull a 8,000lb P-stroke around along with a 70 Chevelle, So I definetly enjoy the xtra tow/economy mode, but also would like some azz behind it when I'm not pulling. (for them ricers :-) Plans one day are to make it the ultimate pulling/hauling truck, (when I graduate) but as for now I'm just playing around testing stuff. Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Tire Smoker

Send a message via AIM to bobo Send a message via Yahoo to bobo
Kennedy's LB7 tune is among the best...along with Moonshine and the TTS Extreme.

Bobo's Truck Website

Special Thanks to: Huckstorf Diesel, Merchant Automotive, EFILive, Mike L. @ Inglewood Transmission

05 Twin Turbo Duramax

[email protected]+ on #2 only
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 04:52 AM

try the van aiken with hypertech , friend of mine has it , he has a coupla programers and boxes , best he said that works is V.A. and hypertech
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode