Edge Juice - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by codyr6, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1213 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Edge Juice

Ok, i have read some of the older threads bout the Edge juice chip, and still have some questions. First off I am looking for a 500-750 chip that I can have atleast 3 set drive modes that I can flip on the fly. 1. daily driving (fuel saver) 2. For pulling a trailer or crap 3. for messin around with my friends in the mudd. I was told this is a good chip (5 settings??) for that and is affordable. Is this true and will it cause any major problems, I have seen people claiming this chip alone has boosted there hp over 100 when I set it up do i get options as to how much i wanna gain in each mode? I just dont want to fry anything but wouldnt mind havin a versatile chip that would allow me to play with me truck too. How hard are these too install and what is involved with installation?

Also if you know of any other chipc that perform just as well for cheaper let me know (ie bullydog, and quadzilla) I have a tight budget so thats the thing to remember I am not in the the massive hp game yet..... only cuz I cant afford it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 02:57 AM

I have had the Edge chip for a few years now and I love it. No problems and with the Attitude you can change the levels on the fly. If you don't plan on doing up your tranny then stick with something that is easy to install and that isn't too expensive. The Edge is easy to install and gives you gauges which you should get anyhow. I have 4" straight exhaust and an intake which helps keep the EGT down if you want to go to a higher level and play hard. If you have any other questions let me know.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4" straight exhaust, BD manifold, intake, Air Dog 150 lift pump, BD Supermax turbo, Suncoast Stage IV, Isspro EV2 gauges, EFI Live w/DSP 5 tuned by Xtreme FX Tuning.

Canadian Club Member #6.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
What is the installation process like? do I have to cut and reqire or antything or does it just plug in and you g from there. Also where is the actually equipment mounted? I know the monitor would be inside but the other little box. Will this product end up hurtin my engine/tranny life? Thanks again man!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 12:27 AM

It installs very easy, there are 2 connectors that plug into the main engine connectors, there is no cutting or splicing of wires. I mounted the actual "brain box" on my fuse box under the hood and the attitude monitor mounts in the cab, I mounted mine on my "A" pillar. The hardest thing to install is the EGT probe. You will need to drill a hole in your exhaust. I would recommend putting as close to but after your turbo and not your exhaust manifold. It lowers your EGT reading by about 300 degrees which extends the life of your probe and also if you drill into your manifold then the swarf will go through your turbo. The instructions that come with it are easy to follow but if you need some help let me know.

2003 GMC 2500HD 4" straight exhaust, BD manifold, intake, Air Dog 150 lift pump, BD Supermax turbo, Suncoast Stage IV, Isspro EV2 gauges, EFI Live w/DSP 5 tuned by Xtreme FX Tuning.

Canadian Club Member #6.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 AM

I've got the Attitude with Juice setup on my 01 F-250 with 7.3l, and I really like it. It definitely makes a difference.

The install is pretty straight forward, and the guide takes you through it step by step with good pictures. You can download the install guides for all thier stuff here to see what your in for.

http://www.edgeproducts.com/installa...structions.php

The tough part for me was getting to the timing sensor plug on the right side bottom of the engine. Just a little tight, but if you have a petite wife/girlfriend that doesn't mind getting a little dirty, maybe she'd have an easier time getting that plug off and putting the new one on. The other tricky part is routing the wires through the firewall. Really those things aren't really all that difficult. All the other plugs and wires are easily routed and installed.

I had to call several places to find the required tapered tap for the temp sensor. I found one at my local NAPA store. I haven't drilled the manifold yet, and it works fine without it, however, you don't know if you are overheating it, so that's kinda risky if you are a froggy sort that will run your engine ragged without a care in the world. Yes, it's a concern to get shavings thru the turbo as that can destroy it, but as the instructions say: Using heavy grease on the drill bit and tap will capture the shavings. I've done some metal work so I know how this works, and really you just have to take your time and not be in a rush.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode