The Diesel Garage banner

6.9 Air in fuel

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cincinnati Guy 
#1 ·
I am looking at this truck as a possible second truck to have in case the wife needs the other for the kids. I was curiouse if their are any common problems that tend to cuase this problem described below:
1985 ford F-250 diesel flatbed

this truck has a 6.9 ford diesel, 4x4, gooseneck, trailer bakes and currently registerd interor in not so good shape

the truck has a problem with getting air in the fuel lines . it will run fine for days the air in the line an die??????

make an offer or trade
Also any idea's as to how good this thing should pull a 25' stock trailer, steel.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well most likely it needs an injector return line kit replaced on it. I bet the ones on it are original. That would be my first guess and most likely the reason why its getting air. The return line kit is not expensive either.

#3 ·
:rock Thanks, thats the kind of news I like hearing. Also, I noticed in other threads, these years are not going to haul alotta azz, but they can Haul a lot of azz. the only experience I had with the older engines was for the 2 years I worked as a mechinick at U-Haul, and all we seemed to do there was change oil every 5000 and replace the injection system and/or engine when some dumb dumb put gas in it instead of DIESEL

#4 ·
Yup these engines will run forever, and if you do need to replace something there not expensive. You can buy all 8 injectors for the price of one PSD injector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.