to zone or not to zone - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by mbass777, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 732 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
to zone or not to zone

well here goes need to replace what I assume is the original clutch set up on my 93 idi zf 5 speed supercab dulley 273000 miles I know it came with a dual mass set up but am thinking about going back with the solid flywheel set up from the zone for 480$ this will bump me up to a 12 inch clutch I know south bend makes the same kit for 600$ and I have heard good things about them but the zone has a warenty and stores every were any one have any experince with this swap I will be doing it on the ground in a state park and trying to minumize the pain on my dwindiling finances
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

The DM system was not used on *all* models, some had a standard FW so I see no reason (other than NVH) to retain a DM FW. In fact, I do not like them one bit, more parts to break.

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
No Zone got one from Advance Auto fly wheel solid, clutch and cover and t-bearing made by Zoom & Brute Force and marketed under Perfection Clutches to my door for 419$ will install next weekend after my son has his son(first male child to carry on the name ) today have to give him time to get the new addition home before I throw him under the Truck Ha Ha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode