Lmm Edge With Juice Test Run - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by danger, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 3158 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Lmm Edge With Juice Test Run

hello, just got my juice with attitude installed and took it for a test spin. First off, Wow, what a difference. 7.2 0-60 times on level 4, I even broke them loose @ 45mph. Ran great, but after hot rodding a little bit that dreaded engine light came on. Disconnected tuner and waited a while and everything was fine. Reconnected and drove another while and same thing happened. Onstar diagnostic says fuel supply system is not working properly. Now I've got to completely take unit out and return to dealer to get looked at. Wonder what they will say about the drill and tapped exhaust manifold for the gas temp. probe? Pretty bummed out right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM

1) Just a guess, but you were probably running the fuel rails low on fuel at WOT. You have to maintain a certain pressure and flow rate for the injectors to work correctly.

2) If it comes to it, you could tell the dealer that the tapped exhaust manifold is for an EGT gauge that you haven't installed yet.

3) Watch running any tuner at more than +60-75hp on the 6 speed Allison as the stock trans will not like more than that for very long.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM

ouch, Don't be surprised if they say "sorry, your warranty is void, but we can clear your codes for $$$"
The trucks (all three) make huge power in stock form. They'll tow anything I need to so I will do my best from modding. Besides, They are 8,000lb trucks with the aerodynamics of a brick and won't corner or handle very good at high speeds. Why try to make a race truck out of it?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Went for another drive and kept it in level two and everything seems to be fine. For some reason going higher than two or three causes the fuel injectors to have a hard time keeping up. I will call edge directly to sort it out- probably programming issues, I hope. The main reason I bought the tuner was for mileage, but with that benefit comes a little added power when needed. I don't necessarily plan on racing it full time.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro
ouch, Don't be surprised if they say "sorry, your warranty is void, but we can clear your codes for $$$"
The trucks (all three) make huge power in stock form. They'll tow anything I need to so I will do my best from modding. Besides, They are 8,000lb trucks with the aerodynamics of a brick and won't corner or handle very good at high speeds. Why try to make a race truck out of it?
Because its still a free country, and a person can decide what they want to do with their vehicle.....

I can run low 13's in mine, tow the TT anywhere I want, and haul the family to dinner when I want to. Oh, and get good mileage, too. Thats all in the same vehicle....and THAT is extremely cool to do.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 11:39 AM

me thinks youve got a fuel supply issue not so much a programming issue going through this with my 06 if you are getting a low fuel pressure code its almost certainly that more than likely you willl need a lift pump its all a matter of supply and demand engine demanding more fuel than it can supply
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Did you ever find what the issue was?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
LMMGUY

Send a message via AIM to rcpd34
Did you check & see what code you threw? The Attitude will read AND reset all of your CEC issues. I've had no problems with mine other than a pyro that acts screwy once in a while.

Brian

2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 LTZ Z71 CC/SB LMM

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4X4 CC/SB LLY SOLD

2000 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dump 4X4
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

hi, just wanted to update this issue. called edge and got a newer module. still get the fuel rail code over level three. have yet to throw a code set at three though. stock fuel delivery system just can't keep up with the juice. apparently you've got to do other mods if you want to run at higher levels??????? any info would be great.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

makes sense. I bet it wouldn't happen if you were running a good lift pump
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode