Dyno phissing :) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JohnBoyToo, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 640 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Obviously Intuitive !

Dyno phissing :)

Ok, been searching for THE tune since I made the mistake of buying my SCT from a certain soot choked cuban for my 05 Ex....

Not having any tunes specifically done to my requirements has made me "settle"....

Now, I'm not after every last 1/4 ounce of hp,
but I like to be able to get outta the way when I need to...

and one of my pet peeves which is somewhat addressed with the locked TQ is two fold...

1) when I am running along in a 40 mph speed zone why is my 700+ftlb engine in 3rd or 4th gear turning the same rpms i would turn @ 60 mph+ in 5th gear ????
if I'm not accelerating - put that puppy in 5th gear as soon as possible - makes for a better ride/sound/mpg all a plus!

2) when I'm running along with traffic @ 60 or so with the cruise control, why does it downshift sometimes with the littlest hill ?

I am considering going to a dyno get together, but since I'm not sure I have "the" tune, will I make a poor showing for SCT and me if I don't have THE tune ?

Any input is appreciated and LOUD "Atta Boys" to the tuner that can make me stop whining and be happy

Some of you tuners have stepped up to the plate and helped, but I had to stop testing right before the Christmas rush and just now getting a chance to do some more testing @ the 1/8th mile track...

but with SCT screwing around with getting the data logging working, I'm not sure what tuning CAN be accomplished....

TIA,
JB

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:03 PM

#1 &#2 are all tranny tuning issues IMHO. Not all would want to be in 5th at 40 mph. you would need to ask about that.

Also, your 700 ft lb motor is not there until your foot is to the floor. At light pedal, your not making that much power.

I think you will do well at a dyno, but holding the 1to1 ratio has been the issue in a good dyno run.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:30 PM

I think I'm gonna have a real problem with that last one there now,,,,,
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Destroked

My race tune from Biava shifts in 5th at light throttle at 43mph.....put it to the floor and it hammers 4th with the t/c locked and haulin a**!!!!

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 AM

Have you talked to that other cuban?? The one that is making Rich's truck smoke?? Make sure you get a tune that locks in gear (a dyno only file).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Diesel Pro

i couldnt get mine to lock in the 1:1 ratio when we dynoed it so the tq was off by a bit

2006 Dodge 2500 2wd QC SB 5.9 Cummins, 48RE Auto, 4" Exhaust, TS MPD W/HUD, Airaid Intake, 6k HIDs, GoGo Built Tranny, BDTD with Crazy Larry
13.85 @ 99 MPH
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 01:59 PM

running a diesel with an auto is very hard to do on the dyno, the older trucks with the O/D off are easy, but with the tow/haul is another story to keep it in the 1.1 ratio.
we have several people each month that come in with their trucks to dyno and leave disappointed because they didn't make the power they thought they would.
and it is all because they couldn't keep it 1.1, and blame the dyno guy because they no nothing about the program they just bought, such as how the t/c locks up.
usaually hp is real close but tq is way off when this happens.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:00 PM

Tell them to get an SCT dyno tune or complain to the guy in the mirror :

GENE

GENE

99 F450 CC, AT, XLT LB Shortened Frame 3.5 , John Wood Tranny & TC , H2 Turbo , DI 6 Pos Custom Chip , Mini-me's , Custom Intake , Idle Speed Control, Turbo Temp Monitor , 4 Down Pipe, 5 Exhaust , Isspro Gauges , Power Pedal Mod. Fuel Regulator System , Dual Stock Fuel Tanks. White Ext , Grey Int , Alcoa 19.5 Rims Factory Center Caps , Cowl Induction Hood , Dual Highway Products Tool Boxes , 5th , Wheel, Goose Neck, Pintle & Class 5 Hitches.

Builder and Driver of Stroked Lightning 11.519 @ 119.26 mph
Builder and Driver of Blue Thunder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode