Stuck in 4wd - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hcr400ex, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 382 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Stuck in 4wd

I've been out plowing for the last two days with my 97 f-250HD(old style), and I went to take off my plow today and I can't seem to get the truck out of 4wd. It goes into 4wd lo, 4wd hi, nuetral, and 4wd, but no 2wd hi. It almost seems like the lever got moved and it doesn't have room to move up into 2wd hi. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a way to adjust the lever or something, or did I mess something up. I've never had a problem with this before, it has always shifted pretty smoothly.

I don't know if anyone watched the weather for the northeast but we got one hell of a storm. I measured 21 inches at my house, and one of my accounts up on a hill had 26 inches. A couple of the driveways had about 5 foot tall drifts, I'm just glad I dont have any big commercial accounts becasue there is no room to put any snow. It certainly made up for the lack of snow we've had this winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:15 PM

no help with your problem, but its the coldest its been all winter here in savannah, ga...

05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s front and back, 38x15.50x18 **** cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, airaid with zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

01 f150 supercrew, 33" mud grapplers, stock, for sale $13,000

05 brute force 750, snorkeled, lifted, 29.5x12 outlaws front and back, black type 7s, intake, hmf pipe, moose, asr tie rods

06 raptor 700se, 734cc, 10.75:1, cammed, intake, ported/polished, yoshi pipe w/ fmf header, power commander, 15t front, yfz shocks, 20" holeshots, soon to be 770 stroker...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

No one knows anything about this? Surely this can't only happen to me...I hope
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well I had my cousin(mechanic) take it to work with him today and fix it. He said the linkage was all frozen up and all he had to do was clean it and lube it up. Works like new again, and cost me nothing but some gas money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode