Need Help Finding Keypad Code - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by azirkle, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 433 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Need Help Finding Keypad Code

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find the factory code for my truck. I bought the truuck used and don't have the card.

2004 F-250 CC FX4 6.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Destroked

Go to a dealer and give them the vin # and they will get you set up........:Thumbup:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:58 AM
In debt to my teeth

FWIW I had to get ahold of the original dealer that sold the truck and THEN they were supposed to goto the "warehouse" to get the original paperwork(all in Texas). Well two weeks later and still no code I just went to the local dealer, hooked the scan tool. TA DA. 2 min. max....

03 EX.~6.0~ SCT,MBRP,
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:15 AM

PM PSDPlayer .... i bet he could help ya out :Thumbup:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:38 AM
In debt to my teeth

Please prove me wrong but from what everybody has told me, you cannot get the code purely from just a vin. You must find the original dealer who has the original invoice(or something like that) and that is the only document that has the code. Or you can find the module in the door, or under the dash(early models) and it should have a sticker with the code. Another way to get it is to have ford hook a scan tool to it. If you have a "nice" dealer they will do for free. I assume for theft reasons they made it not-so-easy to get the code.

03 EX.~6.0~ SCT,MBRP,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
SAK
Truck Toyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
Please prove me wrong but from what everybody has told me, you cannot get the code purely from just a vin. You must find the original dealer who has the original invoice(or something like that) and that is the only document that has the code. Or you can find the module in the door, or under the dash(early models) and it should have a sticker with the code. Another way to get it is to have ford hook a scan tool to it. If you have a "nice" dealer they will do for free. I assume for theft reasons they made it not-so-easy to get the code.
Yep only the original dealer will have the code on paper. We lost my dads code and they tried to get it from the vin, but could not so I drove it down to the dealership and they got it pulled in 5 mins. Then I just rest it to what I wanted it to be. Its the same on mine and my dads so I wont forget it.

2011 Sterling Gray Lariat
5.5" ICON/OUO Lift
20x10 BMF S.O.T.A.'s
37x13.50R20 Toyo MT's
OUO 7" Traction Blocks
OUO Track Bar Ball Joint
Amp Steps
Mag-Hytec F&R Diff Covers
Built by: TRUCK TOYZ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode