rock removal technition
Join Date: Mar 2007
Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
there are batteries, from what I found this is a add on to trucks without the flush one.
not shure on what kinda batteries
Dealer installed GFA RF keypads are adhesive backed and protrude approximately 1/2" (13 mm) from the surface of the vehicle and there are no specific diagnostics available in the WSM (Figure 1).
NOTE THIS RF KEYPAD WAS ALSO US[D IN PRODUCTION ON 2004 F-SUPER DUTY VEHICLES BUILT PRIOR TO 12/3/2003. REFER TO WSM, SECTION 501-14 FOR RF KEYPAD DIAGNOSTICS FOR THESE VEHICLES.
GENUINE FORD ACCESSORY KEYPAD DIAGNOSTIC TIPS
1. The keypad operates similarly to a remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter and is programmed using a similar procedure.
Although the RF keypad is not specifically addressed in the WSM, the RKE transmitter programming portion of the WSM, Section 501-14 can be used as a guide
NOTE THE 7-8 AND 9-0 BUTTONS ON THE KEYPAD MUST BE PRESSED SIMULTANEOUSLY DURING THE PROCEDURE IN ORDER FOR THE KEYPAD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS AN ADDITIONAL REMOTE TRANSMITTER.
Since the GFA RF keypad is essentially another RKE transmitter, the transmitter diagnostic pinpoint tests in the vehicle's WSM can also be referenced even though the buttons serving the lock / unlock functions will differ
2. The GFA RF keypad is serviced as an assembly. The internal battery cannot be replaced separately.
3. If the master code or owner selectable code is lost or forgotten, the GFA RF keypad must be replaced. These codes are not stored in any vehicle module (with the exception of 2004 F-Super Duty vehicles produced prior to 12/3/2003).
4. The GFA RF keypad and all RKE transmitters (the number of transmitters allowable will vary by vehicle) must be reprogrammed together anytime the keypad is replaced, an RKE transmitter is replaced, or the module controlling the keyless entry system on the vehicle (GEM/SJB/VSM/DDM etc.) is replaced.
NOTE THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO TIP 4 FOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH INTEGRATED KEYHEAD TRANSMITTERS (IKTs) (FUSION/MILAN/ZEPHYR). THE GFA RF KEYPADS FOR VEHICLES WITH IKTs MUST BE PROGRAMMED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE IKTs. TURN THE IGNITION FROM "OFF" TO "RUN" 8 TIMES WITHIN 10 SECONDS, WITH THE 8TH TIME ENDING IN "RUN". THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE TO CONFIRM ENTERING PROGRAMMING MODE. PRESS THE 7-8 AND 9-0 BUTTON ON THE KEYPAD SIMULTANEOUSLY TO SEND A LOCK SIGNAL. TURN IGNITION TO OFF. THE LOCKS WILL CYCLE AGAIN TO INDICATE THE END OF THE PROGRAMMING MODE.
5. The keypad will normally illuminate for 5 seconds after one or more buttons are pressed, and the illumination will immediately turn off if the 7-8 and 9-0 buttons are pressed simultaneously (lock all doors). The keypad contains an optical sensor and will not illuminate under bright lighting conditions. The keypad may only illuminate briefly in colder temperatures in order to maximize the battery power available to transmit a lock/unlock signal. The temperature at which this occurs will vary depending upon the keypad battery age and condition. Both of these conditions are a normal function of the Power Save Mode and do not indicate a need to replace the keypad.
6. After entering the keypad code, the system may unlock the driver's door, lock it, then unlock it again, and the keypad will not even briefly illuminate. This is the Alert Mode and is an indication that battery power is very low and the keypad must be replaced.
7. The keypad also contains an Anti-scan feature. If the wrong code has been entered 7 times (35 consecutive button presses) the keypad is disabled for one minute and the keypad lamp will flash during this time.
1996 psd 5speed 4x4 cc 8' bed, 3" body lift, 35's swamped, dp-tuner, intercooled, custom fuel system, no fan, and a few other goodies, 263k. 349.2hp sold
2003 7.3 4r100 4wd sc 8', xlt 20th anniversary edition
stock cept for duals. 260k sarted out as a 2wd xl work tk
Early 99 CC dually 4x4 4r100 dark lights, dark windows, stainless simulators
99 v-10 4x4 sc sb auto 275hp gas guzzler