Is 4xlow drive switch fused? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fastback4, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 413 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
&quot ; UH OH&qu ot;

Is 4xlow drive switch fused?

It is very cold here in Kentucky so maybe the weather is causing this problem. I have a 03 6.0 powerstroke f-250 and the 4xlow will not engage nor will the light on the dash illuminate. The 4xhigh engages and illuminates on the dash just fine.
The 4xlow worked fine in the field saturday. Does the 4x low have a fuse somewhere? Can anyone help me with some diagnostics here?.........Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 06:25 AM

There is not a dedicated fuse for low range functions, but you could always check all the fuses associated with the elec shift functions. they are all in the fuse box inside under the dash. You can check the fuses with a test light

Fuse numbers 31-(hot in start), 33-(hot in run/acc), 34-(hot all the time), 45-(hot in start/run).

Most electronic shift failures usually cause the associated indicator light to flash but not always.

What I have seen on a few trucks was a concern with the brake lamp switch. This is the same switch but not the same circuit that operates the brake lamps and is mounted on the brake pedal bracket, the switch is a dual contact switch. If you had a test light you can check the brake lamp switch for proper operation.

With test light, verify that the LB/BK (lt blue/black) wire is hot, next check the RD/LG (red/lt green) wire get power when you press the brake pedal down.

I know you probably already know this but,
FYI... For Low Range: the four-wheel drive (4WD) control module requires that the vehicle speed be less than 3 mph, the brake pedal be applied, and the transmission in NEUTRAL (automatic transmission) or the clutch pedal be depressed (manual transmission).

My motto: Be nice, be polite, but have have a plan to kill everyone that you meet.

94 F250 IDI turbo, auto 2wd.. ATS housing, 3" down, 4" exh, guages. 104k miles got totalled by a damn mustang (parts now).

98 12v, 4x4 quad cab. auto with BD T/C & V/B, Banks Big head, Exh brake, AFC modded, 16.5ish*, KDP gone, 60lb springs, 4K-GSK, BHAF, pyro, trans, and boost guages. 4" straight pipe,

72 AM General M35A2, LDT465-1C "Whistler" Turbo, PTO winch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode