HID headlight problem - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 250mtr, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1252 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

HID headlight problem

Hi guys, new to the forum. I have a 08 F350 that I put HID headlights and the left side headlight and fog light stopped working. The HID kit itself is fine, I checked all wiring and ballasts. What could this be?

They were fine for the first 2.5 weeks and now this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Boost Junkie

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re
I know Im a few months late on this but have you tried turning them off, waiting a few seconds & then turning them back on? This is very common in alot of the aftermarket kits. Alot of people opt to use a relay for the install instead of just the standard plug n play setup. The ballasts require a pretty hard intial hit voltage wise to fire the xenon bulbs, after the intial light up the voltage stays pretty even & on the same power draw as the factory lights....none the less, its less than satisfactory & can be a huge headache! best of luck!

05' f350 DRW
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

I wouldnt have to manage my anger if you would just manage your stupidity!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode