brake light issue...not working - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by strokin6L, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 842 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 04:03 AM Thread Starter

brake light issue...not working

Anyone ever have an issue with their brake lights not working? I noticed mine a few years ago not working but then all of a sudden they started working again. But now last night i noticed they didn't work again...so not sure how long they've been acting up. All the running lights and turn signals work, but no brake lights, but the third brake light on the cab works tho. Also the brake lights from the flat four prong trailer plug don't work. I thought that maybe the connector from the main harness on the frame rail that splits to the tail lights and trailer plugs has an issue. I unplugged the connectors near the spare tire that go to the tail lights and trailer plugs and checked them out and then cleaned it and put some dielectric grease in them...and still dont work. I was thinkin brake light switch under the dash, but the third brake light works....so i thought that it couldn't be the brake switch. Just wondering if anyone had an issue like this?

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode