I want a REAL horn!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by BADASS03SVT, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 571 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

I want a REAL horn!!

ok...my f350 psd and this puny horn just arent working well together. I want a sweet air horn to take place. I just want to be able to take off my stock horns and tap the new one in, git my steering wheel and have people pay attention!! not looking to blow $100's of dollars either if I dont have to. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 01:44 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
to have an air horn you are going to have to need at least a tank and the horns... air compressor also, unless you want to feel it up at your house all the time I have a set of train horns on my truck and they are LOUD...

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
to have an air horn you are going to have to need at least a tank and the horns... air compressor also, unless you want to feel it up at your house all the time I have a set of train horns on my truck and they are LOUD...
I didnt hear you when you were honking at me Aaron.:
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
so big $$ and lots to install huh? hmm
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:07 PM
IS FREE!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to 6Lcummins Send a message via MSN to 6Lcummins Send a message via Yahoo to 6Lcummins
not really, i think u could do it for under $400 with the purchase of the horns and tank and a small compressor if u do the work yourself. i know the horns i want run about 150-175. and u could use a small air tank doenst have to be that big really.

12.56 @ 102 MPH Ennis Texas 4/10/10
11.55 @ 117 MPH Cedar Falls Iowa 5/22/10
1968 Cummins Corvette
All hard parts provided by Low Budget Diesel Performance and our sponsors Hamilton Cams, Pureflow Technologies, and PowerFlow Exhaust
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LCummins
not really, i think u could do it for under $400 with the purchase of the horns and tank and a small compressor if u do the work yourself. i know the horns i want run about 150-175. and u could use a small air tank doenst have to be that big really.
yikes!! thats a lot of cash. man I was thinking like $100-$150 .

what about electric?? The "air horns" on police cars are pretty loud?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 PM
IS FREE!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to 6Lcummins Send a message via MSN to 6Lcummins Send a message via Yahoo to 6Lcummins
oh that is like askin if u want a 4 cylinder diesel ina crew cab dually in my opinion. and the 400 is if u dont have any of that stuff already. and if u buy brand new stuff. u probably could get a compressor off a lincoln town car out of a junk yard, an old air tank, and id buy new line and then get the horns u want. i know that my moms Lincoln has air bags in the rear, and the compressor works fine for it, but the air horn probably would get used as much as the bags do. so u probably could go cheaper. you probably could even get a set of horns off a junked semi if u wanted, and condition probably wont matter unless ur havin them show on the truck.

12.56 @ 102 MPH Ennis Texas 4/10/10
11.55 @ 117 MPH Cedar Falls Iowa 5/22/10
1968 Cummins Corvette
All hard parts provided by Low Budget Diesel Performance and our sponsors Hamilton Cams, Pureflow Technologies, and PowerFlow Exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode