Need tad more lift... ideas? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sredish, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 433 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Texas XC Quad Racer

Need tad more lift... ideas?

Ok, my setup is in my sig but for a quick run down on the front:

3.5" Fabtech drop hangers (3" lift)
4" Deaver springs
3" extended rear shackles (approx. 1.5" lift)

Now, my lift has been a step by step process. First Fabtech drop hangers then Donahoe mini-pack, then added x springs, then replaced springs with all new 4" deaver pack and finally an extended rear shackle to attempt a nice level look. Still, the front end sits a tad too low. The shackles were said to be a 1.5" lift and they did appear to be 3" longer, but still, I didn't get the truck where I want it on the front.

Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive way to get maybe another inch? For 3 bills or so, I'd consider some Donahoe drop hangers that should give me another inch but the full kit appears to be very pricey, more than i want to pay for an inch. Can I use my 2" mini-pack with my 4" Deavers with longer u-bolts? If the front then appears a tad high then, I'll do the final adjustment at the rear, plus I have air in the back, not a prob there. I really like the idea of the mini-packs and not sure why they wouldn't work, should fit in there okay, just longer u bolts, maybe that's the prob, the u bolts. I'm also considering fabbing up some even longer (maybe 4" total) rear shackles, but don't want to create issues with leaning and body roll. The truck steers easier with the longer rear shackles and helps fix the caster problem the front drop hangers produce. If I can get the 2" pack in there, I'll relevel the rear and maybe go for some 40's, which is what I'm geared for. :

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 01:12 PM

Is your hanger kit the old style that uses the stock rear shackel and moves the mount to the bottom of the frame?
What have you done for the pitman arm and track bar?
What is done to the rear?
It sounds like you need to step back and start over. I would get a set of 4.5 hangers and the correct 8" drop pitman arm and track bar drop.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Texas XC Quad Racer
Threadstarter

dude, got all that covered. I have the dropped pitman arm, adjustable track bar with a small drop bracket, sway bar disconnects, driveshafts; all the goodies to run the lift I'm at plus some. Main goal here is to level the front up.

Fabtech's drop hangers are new front spring hanger mounts that simply move them down some to aquire a 3" lift. They do nothing to the rear shackles.

Rear is:
5" Deavers
3.5" blocks
Airbags

and the rear still steems to sit an 1.5 to 2" higher than the front.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredish
Ok, my setup is in my sig but for a quick run down on the front:

3.5" Fabtech drop hangers (3" lift)
4" Deaver springs
3" extended rear shackles (approx. 1.5" lift)

Now, my lift has been a step by step process. First Fabtech drop hangers then Donahoe mini-pack, then added x springs, then replaced springs with all new 4" deaver pack and finally an extended rear shackle to attempt a nice level look. Still, the front end sits a tad too low. The shackles were said to be a 1.5" lift and they did appear to be 3" longer, but still, I didn't get the truck where I want it on the front.

Anyone have an idea for an inexpensive way to get maybe another inch? For 3 bills or so, I'd consider some Donahoe drop hangers that should give me another inch but the full kit appears to be very pricey, more than i want to pay for an inch. Can I use my 2" mini-pack with my 4" Deavers with longer u-bolts? If the front then appears a tad high then, I'll do the final adjustment at the rear, plus I have air in the back, not a prob there. I really like the idea of the mini-packs and not sure why they wouldn't work, should fit in there okay, just longer u bolts, maybe that's the prob, the u bolts. I'm also considering fabbing up some even longer (maybe 4" total) rear shackles, but don't want to create issues with leaning and body roll. The truck steers easier with the longer rear shackles and helps fix the caster problem the front drop hangers produce. If I can get the 2" pack in there, I'll relevel the rear and maybe go for some 40's, which is what I'm geared for. :

Anyways, any help is appreciated.
Run over to a local heavy truck spring shop. Have them pull the front springs, add a leaf and re-arc them. You'll easily pickup an inch or two. Tell them exactly where you want to be and they'll hit it. I have had it done several times now.

1999.5 F350, PSD, CC, LWB, DRW, 4x4, assorted mods < PowerStrokeNation.Com >
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...NJ/Boonton.gif
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 02:27 PM

Ok then if you have done nothing to the rear of the front spring then your
3" hanger is only getting you about 1.5" of lift. Look at the DR kit picture.It lowers both ends of the spring. So with what you are running you only have about 7" of lift. Not 8 1/2. why not just put a shorter block in the rear? that would solve your problem. OR the DR 4.5 hangers will get you 1.5 in the front. Pretty simple.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 AM

ive got some 6" deaver springs for sale if you would like them. if you want to keep the 4" springs, i would suggest picking up some 4.5" full traction hangers. you can buy them hangers/shackles only, and they run about 350 bucks. id do the springs for the same price...

also, fyi, im running the same 5" rears with 350 block, and it sits level with 10.5" up front...

05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s front and back, 38x15.50x18 **** cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, airaid with zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

01 f150 supercrew, 33" mud grapplers, stock, for sale $13,000

05 brute force 750, snorkeled, lifted, 29.5x12 outlaws front and back, black type 7s, intake, hmf pipe, moose, asr tie rods

06 raptor 700se, 734cc, 10.75:1, cammed, intake, ported/polished, yoshi pipe w/ fmf header, power commander, 15t front, yfz shocks, 20" holeshots, soon to be 770 stroker...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode