Recon Lights - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HydrillaHoundawg, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 1195 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Recon Lights

Ok guys. I have an 04 all white 250 sport cc lb with the 05 front face lift and headlights. Going to do the recon side marker lights, clearance lights, rear cab light along with bed rail and the white lightning tail light bar. On a truck like mine what do you all like better the clear or smoke look?? I am leaning towards clear to match the head/fog and piaa's going in the bumper. what you all think?

anyone have some good pics of either on a white truck:thanks:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 PM
tjl

Go with the clear lights. It'll give it a nice uniform look. I wish they made the clear lights for the obs trucks. Post some pictures when you done.

Tim

'96 f350 cc dually, 5 speed w/ short throw shifter, stage 1 injectors, '03 sd intercooler, d66 turbo, DP Tuner F5 chip (stock, high idle, tow, econo, extreme) modified IDM, CCV mod, gutted EBPV

343 hp
670 tq

Dually Club #20

B.O.M.B. Squad #7
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM

I think either will work...I have their smoked cab, mirror, and 3rd brake light on my red truck...My dads white 250 we put the smoked cab lights on it and it looks good...I can try and get some pics in a little bit it is raining pretty good by me though

03 F-250 6.0, FX4, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 18 inch Centerline's, 35x12.5 toyo M/Ts, 05 front end conversion with Harley headlights, Cowl hood with silver stripes, upfitter switches, Bilstein shocks, 08 taillights, 08 tailgate, 08 trailer tow mirrors, Recon smoked cab, mirror and third brake light, tinted windows, MBRP SS turboback, no cat, Autometer Cobalts on the pillar... Line-X, weatherguard toolbox..
Western 8" Pro Plus ultra mount, Boss 1100 Smart Hitch salt spreader
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I just couldn't wait. I went with clear. I got the cab, corner markers, 3rd break, and 44" white lightning tail light. I also went with a set of the bed/cargo are lights and i got an extra set of the bed/cargo area lights to mount under the door rails. I am going to wire them in so that when my amp step swings down it lights up the step. My buddy who gets the lights said I may need to hold off on the cargo/bed lights because he may no have them in stock being so new but thats the idea anyhow.:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 12:11 AM

Do you want a picture of the clear on a white truck? I'll take a picture but you'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Texas XC Quad Racer

I think the Recon stuff is pretty cool, not much else out like it, but also think they're a tad overpriced. Guess when your the only one doing something you can have that luxury...

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yeah a little on the high side no doubt. Got a buddy who is friends with the owner or something like that so he is calling in a favor:Thumbup:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 AM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
get that buddy on here and get us all some deals :

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 04:09 AM

yeah why didnt I know about this deal months ago?? :mafia but good choice and recons price is reasonable..they are one of the only if not the only company whose aftermarket products have the same look as the stock ones just in smoked or clear. and they look bad azz!! I can't wait for their headlights and taillights to come out! : post a pic when you have everything on!!

03 F-250 6.0, FX4, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 18 inch Centerline's, 35x12.5 toyo M/Ts, 05 front end conversion with Harley headlights, Cowl hood with silver stripes, upfitter switches, Bilstein shocks, 08 taillights, 08 tailgate, 08 trailer tow mirrors, Recon smoked cab, mirror and third brake light, tinted windows, MBRP SS turboback, no cat, Autometer Cobalts on the pillar... Line-X, weatherguard toolbox..
Western 8" Pro Plus ultra mount, Boss 1100 Smart Hitch salt spreader
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Pursuit Interceptor

I was at a GTG in VA, one guy had the RECON Turn Signal lights for the mirrors. I wasn't impreseed at all with the fit of the lights. There was a small gap all around the light and the housing. For what he paid you would think the quality would be better. He had already installed the "Line of Fire" under the tailgate, they were held on with screws and clamps. I wan't impressed with the Line of Fire product.

I personally have the third brake light and cab clearance lights from Recon. The cab lights are great quality, good looking and bright. The third brake is good quality and is bright but has started to yellow a bit.

It's made in China, you get what they paid for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode