Bubbles in tire sidewall - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jakkle5, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 903 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Bubbles in tire sidewall

These are the stock contritracs on a 05 350. 26,000 miles. 3 of them have bubbles in the sidewall. Is there a warranty on these? I see something in the owners manual about a tire warranty but its confusing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:52 PM

i would take it to the dealer asap. sidewall bubbles are not safe to be driving on. i would think the tire manufacturer would warranty them, and the dealership could take care of it.

05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s front and back, 38x15.50x18 **** cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, airaid with zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

01 f150 supercrew, 33" mud grapplers, stock, for sale $13,000

05 brute force 750, snorkeled, lifted, 29.5x12 outlaws front and back, black type 7s, intake, hmf pipe, moose, asr tie rods

06 raptor 700se, 734cc, 10.75:1, cammed, intake, ported/polished, yoshi pipe w/ fmf header, power commander, 15t front, yfz shocks, 20" holeshots, soon to be 770 stroker...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Quarry trash

Send a message via AIM to firedawg
On our company half tons we had a problem simular to this on the front tires of three trucks, we tuck the trucks to the local dealer and he replaced the entire set on all three trucks.

2004 F250 4 door FX4 6.0 auto transmission 4inches lift and 35x12.50x16.5 bfg's home made straight pipe and cat delete sct x2 egr delete and more:evil:

421.4HP 724.3TQ
Dunbar's dyno

Can you keep up?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Good to hear. Thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 07:36 AM

googling Continental tire recall turns up quite a few other issues with Continental in varying sizes.

Ford is very eager to avoid any tire issues after thier Firestone fiasco so I think you should be in good shape if you talk to the dealer.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

dealer is trying to tell me bubbles in the sidewall are normal wear and tear! laugh What can i use/show them to tell them otherwise?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 06:48 AM

What exactly are we talking about here?

I define a bubble as a visible round bump protruding from the sidewall.

If you are reffering to a slight dimple that runs from the rim to the corner of the tread face...it's nothing to be alarmed about. This would merely be irregularities in the sidewall carcase that show themselves over time as the tire goes through many heat cycles. It's perfectly normal but certainly indicitive of a poorly constructed tires.

I can't imagine that a dealer would look at the former and tell you it's normal were and tear however.

If indeed you do have a large, round bubble forming on the sidewall...I would indicate to the dealer in a return visit that you and your lawyer would like your tires replaced. This indicates tearing of the sidewall carcase and is absolutely not safe to drive on.

DON"T BACK DOWN. Your life and the lives of others may count on it.

Here in Canada, Continental tires were recalled by order of Transport Canada (DOTs Northern counterpart).

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/051221-2.htm

Curiously, I could not find any recall notices issued by the US Department of Transportation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode