BIG OIL Predictions - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by gregrob, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 1351 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

BIG OIL Predictions

Alright guys, I will soon be installing a Terminator HPOP on my truck.
As of right now, the truck put down 313hp with what I have done so far. Basically just a chip as far as power adders go. Have a 1.0 Banks exhaust housing on the turbo. Valve body and new TC for the trans, etc.

I'll fire off a couple questions and let you guys make some predictions as to what will happen when I get em bolted up. CAN'T WAIT! :bow:

1.) How much more boost will I make, right now at my altitude (6,000ft) I can only muster 25-26psi MAX.

2.) How soon will the extra boost kill my turbo, I know just drive it easy and don't let it go above 25psi too often. I was thinking of getting a manual boost controller so I can set it to max at about 27psi until I get a new turbo.

3.)How much more HP will I make? This is on stock injectors for now. Although, I hope to be building a set of AA code injectors to 180cc myself soon, then I hope to crack 400.

4.) How long will my tranny last? I have a Ford 3-disk TC, and the FTVB, although I would like the BTS VB, all these little things I would "like" to have would nickel and dime this project way over budget.

I got a buddy wantin me to race a 7.3 with Bullydog and Propane. I could take him now, but it will be more fun to TERMINATE him. laugh

BTW, I know no one can give me definite answers on all this. These questions are intended to generate a little conversation and speculation on how my new setup will perform. If I can't go install it this week, I can at least dream and talk about it right? :sofa

I was gonna say "flame suit on", but I figured that wasn't needed since I didn't buy Swamps GEN 3 Flame Thrower Napalm High Pressure Hydro Boost Donkey Pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 03:17 AM
4cstr

Hey Loco...congrats on the Termy pump. If its anything like my Stealth...you'll really enjoy it.

I didn't really see any added boost. But...you notice that the "pull" comes on sooner and lasts longer. It sure did on mine.

On mine...I saw an increase of around 42hp and 93TQ from just adding the Stealth...so I would think you'd see around the same. Make sure you get with Jody so that he can re-tweak your chip to get the full benefit of the Termy pump.

Looking forward to seeing your numbers. Since you have bigger injectors than my early 99...you might even eek out a few more ponies.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Yep, I plan to send the chip to Jody soon so it will maybe be ready when I get the pump installed.

I was thinking more boost because I will now have the ICP to max out the injectors, more fuel from them should = more boost. I guess we'll see.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Supporting Vendor

Transmission? Well......................., Dozerdudes didn't last long. Might be because he already had an updated ATS triple lock, so tranny broke instead of TC slipping.

Boosht? 32lbs on my SD with the wastegate tightened all the way up( you'll probably be using the same tunes as me, through DP tuner).

HP increase 35-40HP (70-90 ftlbs TQ)

Turbo should be fine, because your not going to be out of the map 90% of the time. Just make sure you allow proper cool down.

Enjoy your new found power, and welcome to the Big Oil club.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, things have changed since then. I'll be getting the 180cc stage 1's before the HPOP.

Any change to predictions? Think I can muster 400 with this setup, stock turbo, tranny, and fuel system?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRTURBOQUAD
Transmission? Well......................., Dozerdudes didn't last long. Might be because he already had an updated ATS triple lock, so tranny broke instead of TC slipping.

Enjoy your new found power, and welcome to the Big Oil club.
You might have noticed a firmer shift & TCC apply with a triple and FTVB. Less bang in a shift/apply will be easier on parts with the added power.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 06:07 PM

oh quit your whining about donkey pumps, every damn pump has had there problems. Jody and FordT have rode in and driven my pickup, no need for ipr tunes or dual iprs, never thrown a code and installs in 30 min. The best part it doesnt use a POS oem pump that cost 4-5 hundred dollars. Have fun with yor terminator its a nice looking product all the TE groupies seem to like.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 05:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
Honestly I think you'll like the bigger injectors better than the big oil. Will defineatly get more power out of them. The big oil will improve your throttle response and will make it feel like it doesn't fall off so much after the shifts. But isn't going to give any huge increases in power. Your turbo should be good to go as long as you don't run it over about 30 psi all the time. Same with the tranny if you drive it nice most of the time. If you are out there with your foot on the floorboard constantly then your tranny isn't going to last long and you turbo may or may not last much longer. It's all in the right foot control.

'96 F-250 Extended Cab, GT'S injectors, GT'S intercooler install kit, custom turbo kit with a little HX40, Swamp's BIGEST oil.
466 on #2 only
739 with NČO

13.544 in 1/4 mi!

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford

Yeah I can keep up!:Thumbup:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 05:51 PM

You're going to be around 340-350hp with stock injectors and big oil with the right programming.
Get a TN drop-in turbo and you'll end your turbo worries as well as drop EGT's.

Stage 1's will get you around 380-390, I doubt you'll break 400 though.

You will break the transmission if it's not built yet, so start saving your pennies.

07-6.0 4X4 CC Lariat Tow Boss w/36,000 trouble free miles.
CCV-Zoodad-Harpooned, cat delete, otherwise
BONE STOCK
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well guys, got the injectors built and installed yesteday.
HOLY CRAP, definitely pulls a lot harder. Actually feels stronger now in stock mode, than it did before in 80.

Building them was a lot of fun. I'll be posting up lots of pics later.
We also deleted my EBPV, plugged the pedestal, and added a wicked wheel to my turbo. I haven't been able to make it surge AT ALL, no matter what I do so far.
The whistle is swweeeeeettt too! :bolt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode