Turbo Timers - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_BigPSD, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 568 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Turbo Timers

Getting rid of my edge and i still need the turbo timer feature. Who has the best timer out there?...i like to set regular cool down for 1-2 mins and once and a while 10min if im running into a store...anyone have any ideas? should i get a import type timer or is there something else...Thanks

PS. also thinking about putting a compustar alarm into my truck...how easy is it to set diffirent times on the on the remote for shut down? Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 06:09 PM

Isspro has a nice turbo timer, I dont have one but I hear there nice!

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Supporting Vendor

The ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor is temperature based. If you already have a pyrometer (which of course you should), you can just tap into the thermocouple wiring to the Pyro (you don't need another thermocouple). Post-turbo is the best place to measure for cool-down (since it is likely warmer than pre-turbo during the cooldown), but plenty of people use them pre-turbo and set a lower shutdown temp to compensate.

I'd link you to the official ISSPRO webpage for the product, but the website is being worked on right now. Here is a distributor's page:

I always manually cool down my truck (haven't taken the time to install a Turbo Temp Monitor yet), and I have seen a wide variety of cool down times, depending on ambient conditions and how hard it was just driven.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

ISSPRO Engineering Manager

1995 F350 PSD Crew Cab Dually, 271k miles
10 ISSPRO Prototype Performax™ gauges in Pillar & Overhead pods & sitting on dash, Tymar Intake, Gutted EBPV, Tymar 3x4" downpipe, Tymar 5" exhaust, Cat's hiding in the shed, Baby Swamps, Swamps tunes, Tricumulator springs and Accumulator Valve, Tru-Cool 4590 Trans Cooler, Lock-Right Locker
1998 S&S 9.5' slide-in camper
32' enclosed tag trailer with 2 drag cars (73 Vega Super-Gas & 74 Vega ET Super-Pro)
1992 GMC Typhoon, 1973 Chevy Blazer with Pontiac 400, 1973 Trans-Am 455
2000 VW Jetta TDI - Kerma tune, Der Chimera Stage II Clutch
NRA member and certified firearms instructor, GOA Life member, IDPA member
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 01:14 AM

You will not need one if you go the alarm route. They have one built in. If you want to run into the store, just activate the auto start before shutting down. Set the alarm and walk away.

I use mine all the time out here in the summer months when it is hotter than hell.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Obviously Intuitive !

Agree with NFA... A remote starter has that timer feature (although I've NEVER felt the need to use it... even in the summer in Texus )

but to each his own...

02/12 f250 CC SB Lariat Ultimate 4x4
dpf filter back mbrp and airlift airbags

05/05 4x4 EB Excursion -gone but not forgotten SCT enabled 1/8th 8.9 seconds....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 02:35 AM
Texas XC Quad Racer

Yep, my compustar has a nice one. It's always active, to engage, I simply push the e-brake before getting out. The e-brake literally acts as a switch. I turn the key off w/o pushing it in, it's totally normal, I want to have the truck idle for a minute after I park it, I just pop down the e-brake and then turn the key off and get out and all good. I don't have to engage the alarm either.

Black 03 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Shortbed Lariat - studded 6.0, sunroof, MBRP muff-less exhaust, SCT tuning, JW trans, Cobalts, lifted, ProComp Xtreme ATs, 4.56 gears, High-Angle CV Driveline, Warn 15k, AmpSteps, stainless brake lines, Powerslots /Hawk, AGR pump/gearbox/ram, projector headlamps and one heavy foot....

Audio: Kenwood DDX-8017 in-dash TV/DVD/GPS, kickpanel pods, MB Quart 1" tweets/5.25"mids in kicks, 6.5" midbass in doors, rear MB Quart 6x8, Fosgate amps / 3000 watts, 3 - JL 10w6's. Fully Dynamatted and foamed interior.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ok im gonna go compustar for sure...so lets say i want to leave it running for 10 mins..how do i program so the truck will run for 10 mins and have the alarm armed...is it just a couple buttons to switch from 1min to 10mins and back? Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:56 PM

The the guy that is installing the alarm to set the turbo timer for a given period of time,mine is two minutes...and set the auto start for 10 to 20 minutes. Then you have the luxury of using both.

If you want to leave you truck running for the longer time, activate the auto start BEFORE shutting off the truck, remove key, arm alarm, and walk away. The alarm by default will turn off the shock sensor while the truck is running. If the door is opened, brake depressed, or an increase in the rpm's the truck will shut down and sound the alarm.

the compustar is nice with it page feature as well. If you leave your kids or wife in the car and they need you, they can tap the windshield and it will page you. Cool feature.

I have the Clifford on mine and have been happy with it.

One more thing...one the turbo time is done and the engine shuts down, the shock sensor will be activated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode