Air Horn where to mount? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 2towrjp, this thread has received 15 replies and been viewed 1129 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm

Garage
Air Horn where to mount?

I just received my WOLO powerhouse 418 Air horn. Although Nathans would have been better, I couldn't justify the cost. anyhoo...

Where are you guys mounting your air horns? there is no room under the hood. I started to remove the fender to place where original is, but that is just too much hassle if I need to troubleshoot later.

Thanks guys. Trying to knock this out today, as we leave for FL tomorrow.

'03 PSD 6.0 CCSB 4x4 Lariat loaded-no moon or pedals. SCT XCAL2 by LIPD/DP-Tuner CORRECTED BY RYAN @ SCT
DR EDGE 4.5 with signature shocks, HELO MAXX 8's on 325/65/18 Nitto TG's, 4" MBRP 409 SS turboback w/ powertube, cat delete, and 6" tip, AEM brute force intake, Sinister EGR Valve/Cooler Delete and Coolant Bypass Filter, Y-PIPE, Upipe upgrades, Overhead ISSPRO EV2 GUAGEs (4), Tint, ventvisor, rockford fosgate/XM, Vector bedliner.
MODS: blockheater lic plate, AIC, steveracer, Harpoon, zoodad, flipped cc seat brackets.
To Do list:CCV Reroute
Wishlist: power rear seat, power rear slider or Sleeper cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
I have train horns mounted on the frame rail under the drivers seat. Some people mount them on the frame or behind the front bumper...

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
I sure like the price of those versus Nathans

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
I have train horns mounted on the frame rail under the drivers seat. Some people mount them on the frame or behind the front bumper...
I was just reading the install in the mods section. nice work.

'03 PSD 6.0 CCSB 4x4 Lariat loaded-no moon or pedals. SCT XCAL2 by LIPD/DP-Tuner CORRECTED BY RYAN @ SCT
DR EDGE 4.5 with signature shocks, HELO MAXX 8's on 325/65/18 Nitto TG's, 4" MBRP 409 SS turboback w/ powertube, cat delete, and 6" tip, AEM brute force intake, Sinister EGR Valve/Cooler Delete and Coolant Bypass Filter, Y-PIPE, Upipe upgrades, Overhead ISSPRO EV2 GUAGEs (4), Tint, ventvisor, rockford fosgate/XM, Vector bedliner.
MODS: blockheater lic plate, AIC, steveracer, Harpoon, zoodad, flipped cc seat brackets.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm
Threadstarter

Garage
read this in the write up:
"FYI...There is a positive polarity horn wire (yellow with green tracer) behind the fuse box"

anyone know where the loom is that carries this to the horn? I plan to splice into this line, but do not want to take the fender off the access the actual connection/horn.

Thanks

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
on Page 4 it shows a pic..

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm
Threadstarter

Garage
I mean further down the wire run. The quote I snagged was from that pic.

I found a yellow with green tracer, but it is about 10 guage, located with a splitter next to the blower motor on the pass side. Can't find that 16 guage line.

EDit...

Found it, there is no power to it, (ground activated) put a test lamp on it, pressed the horn, wha-lah.

Tahnks again HH, you seem to answer all of my questions.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
only one and it is on the passenger side inner fender

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm
Threadstarter

Garage
Going to go for a test drive, if there is noticable delay while the compressor builds, I will cut the rest of that line going to the OEM horn. (reason I was asking if there were one or two horns)

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
whistling up a storm
Threadstarter

Garage
Sounds good. nice deep tone, not too loud. well worth the $45.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode