Lights? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Ktown6.0, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 782 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Lights?

I know this has more than likely been beat in to another life, but I am new here... and have read more than I can handle right now...

I was wondering if there was a company that makes an aftermarket HID light for the 04 model F250? Something of quality really..

Next questions would be, is there a way to install the 05/06 headlights on an 04 without body panel changes? Also, does ford leave plugs for trucks that did not come with the fog/driving lights to be installed or does a new light harness need to be purchased for the lights?

Thanks you all in advance..

Raymond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 02:36 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
Yes you can install the 05+ headlights in your truck w/out any major body changes... just some cutting on the header panel behind your headlight. You would need to buy a new harness though but get an aftermarket one. I believe Dfuser makes these.

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 03:33 PM

The 05+ headlights will work on your truck! some trimming of the header panel and you are all set...On the fog lights I believe you would have to buy the kit from ford, I know on my dads 05 there are no wires for fog lights...Should be a plug and play install though once you get the parts needed....I do have a factory Ford foglight kit..all the wiring, new fog lights, hardware but I believe it is for an Explorer..
Mike

03 F-250 6.0, FX4, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 18 inch Centerline's, 35x12.5 toyo M/Ts, 05 front end conversion with Harley headlights, Cowl hood with silver stripes, upfitter switches, Bilstein shocks, 08 taillights, 08 tailgate, 08 trailer tow mirrors, Recon smoked cab, mirror and third brake light, tinted windows, MBRP SS turboback, no cat, Autometer Cobalts on the pillar... Line-X, weatherguard toolbox..
Western 8" Pro Plus ultra mount, Boss 1100 Smart Hitch salt spreader
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:10 PM

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/for...read.php?t=826

Yes you can install the newer headlight. They are ten times better than the older style. The link above shows how to install the newer lights on an older truck. Yes the fog lights are a plug and play. You have to buy new brackets. When I bought mine nobody offered just the brackets. You had to buy the lights and the brackets. I bought mine for 75 bucks at www.powerstrokeshop.com But fog lights plug right in the older wiring...
Good luck,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 PM

you had to buy different fog lights for the 05 and up bumper?? or can you use the old ones??

03 F-250 6.0, FX4, 6 inch Fabtech lift, 18 inch Centerline's, 35x12.5 toyo M/Ts, 05 front end conversion with Harley headlights, Cowl hood with silver stripes, upfitter switches, Bilstein shocks, 08 taillights, 08 tailgate, 08 trailer tow mirrors, Recon smoked cab, mirror and third brake light, tinted windows, MBRP SS turboback, no cat, Autometer Cobalts on the pillar... Line-X, weatherguard toolbox..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM

Yes. The only place I could find the newer style lights was the powerstrokeshop but they only sold them together. The lights look the same but the brackets are different. I still have my old ones but I am not sure if the lights are exactly the same but you would think they are! If you find someone who sells just the brackets let me know. I am sure someone sells them...
thanks,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:22 AM

I will have to look into that I appreciate the info and I have to add that to the list of $ to be spent I will keep you posted on the brackets..
Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode