Why SCT and not Banks six gun - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lee boy, this thread has received 31 replies and been viewed 2694 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Why SCT and not Banks six gun

I was just wondering why you guys dont like the banks six gun tuner. I think it is a pretty good tuner, but I still dont know what to get for my 06 f 250. Banks has a really good reputation for having good tuners, and have been reaserching and testing their products for years for safety and performance. Im all confused now, a couple of months ago people were telling me to get banks six gun , because it was the best of all the others, and the guys here at the diesel garage tell me to get SCT. Whats the difference in the two tuners. Does SCT have built in safety programs like banks. Why dont you guys like banks.? I hope you guys can help me out :shrug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 03:10 AM

Banks is overpriced and over advertised. Banks doesn't know how to control the tranny, so they de-tune it and call it a safety feature. If you ever change anything ie..injectors, turbo,....Banks can't be updated to run them.
Sct can be custom tuned from emailed files. They can control transmission shifting, TC lock-up, exhaust brake, everything from crazy to economy. Sct can do live data streaming also.
Let us know what you decide.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 03:47 AM

i have banks and my tourqe converter is grinddin up found meatal shaving in my last transsmison fliud change and it shifst bad now i relly dont think you should make the same mistake me and my pa did go with sct its a way better product
so do what you think is best
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Hotsauce2138

Send a message via AIM to HotSauce2138 Send a message via MSN to HotSauce2138
with banks you are basically buying the name and before they were the best because they didnt really have any competition but now there are a lot more companies making tuners,etc. and banks cant keep up b/c they think they are still the best.
just my .2 worth
go with the sct like said above if you later go with bigger turbo,injectors, etc. the sct is upgradable b/c you can get a different file burned to accomodate your setup.

SAM
Late 99 F-250 CC SWB Lariat 6 sp. 4x4 - the mods= Garrett GTP38R Turbo, DDP Stage 2 Single Shot Injectors. Shimmed Regulator, CCV Reroute and HX Hose from Dfuser, 4" turbo back straight pipe to GR 5" stack kit w/ 7"mitre cut stacks DPPPOWER.COM, AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ PG7, DP Tuner F5 Chip, 18K Mod Dfuser, SouthBend Clutch, Pro Pods quad a-pillar pod, Autometer Ultra-Lite Series Guages ( EGT, Boost 0-35, Trans Temp, Fuel Pressure and Engine oil temp.), Pro tech cab guard, WELD Sidewinders. Road Armor's!!! Custom Pro Tech toolbox/stack cover, , Sirius Sat. Radio, BD Exhaust Brake, 06 Towing Mirrors w/ LED blinkers and heated
:93C_peelo
My Gallery: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...y.asp?id=18074
Singles Club Member #52
Can You Keep Up??
Because I'm trying to. lol
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Destroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiesel
Banks is overpriced and over advertised. Banks doesn't know how to control the tranny, so they de-tune it and call it a safety feature. If you ever change anything ie..injectors, turbo,....Banks can't be updated to run them.
Sct can be custom tuned from emailed files. They can control transmission shifting, TC lock-up, exhaust brake, everything from crazy to economy. Sct can do live data streaming also.
Let us know what you decide.
Now thats a woman that know her stuff right there!!! :bow: Couldnt have said it any better myself.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to LIPD
SCT - With Custom tunes is the way to go. Give us a call if we can set you up. We also have the Banks stuff but i wont recommend it or anything Banks.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

So where can I get some info on the SCT tuner. Do you guys think they can send me some info at home so I can decide, like for example sending me info on everything the SCT tuner does. Can anyone tell me what SCT does better than banks six gun. I know i've been told several times not to get banks, but with all the information that banks sent to my home , It looks like a pretty good ,safe tuner. It also has alot of programs I think more than the sct with the power pda. What do you guys think . Im all confused on what to choose. Banks is really expensive though.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 12:50 AM

You wondering why SCT is better than banks? Just go read what Chelsea (cdiesel) just said about it, that is exactly the reason. And another reason not to get banks your just paying for the name with them, you could get more power out of a custom tuned SCT with either less or the same amount of money. As you heard from Mick (CAT_DIESEL_MAN) how safe can the six-gun be if it is eating up his tq converter.

So you decide

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Slow 6.0

find someone thats running an SCT with an extreme street program, and drive their truck, you wont believe how nice it drives, it feels like it should have come from ford that way.

2006 F350 XLT 4x4
ARP Studs, Blocked EGR Cooler, MBRP 304SS Cool Duals, 03 Turbo, Coolant Filter Kit, PCM Flashed Back & Innovative Extreme Tunes - 13.3 @ 99
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT_DIESEL_MAN
i have banks and my tourqe converter is grinddin up found meatal shaving in my last transsmison fliud change and it shifst bad now i relly dont think you should make the same mistake me and my pa did go with sct its a way better product
so do what you think is best
The Banks Converter does the same thing. Transcommand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode