In cab controls for bags - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_LovinPSDs, this thread has received 25 replies and been viewed 1361 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

In cab controls for bags

I am going to buy firestone ride rites but instead of there compressor and tank I wanna run kermits tank and compressor. So if I buy the package without the controls, what other parts will I need for the in cab adjustable part? Thanks guys.

Lovin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
fordt

Not sure, but I bet Doug will know, and be able to get them for you.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:13 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
are you getting the bags from doug also??? I am wanting to add firestone bags also (already have tank/compressor).

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:19 PM
'Ol Builder guy

Excuse the interruption, but is this in replacement of leaf springs, like an air ride on a bigger truck, or as a supplement to the leaf springs?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Excuse the interruption, but is this in replacement of leaf springs, like an air ride on a bigger truck, or as a supplement to the leaf springs?

More than likely a supplement Duke. I have not seen a "full replacement" from FireStone.:shrug:

HHrecovery........can we see your set-up? I'm thinking about the same thing. :
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
MAFIA #8

Garage
Bags are just for help, not completely replace.

Here are some pics of my setup. The tank and compressor is underneath the passenger seat on the frame and my horns are mounted above my rear driveshaft pointed towards the rear of the truck (only place I could get train horns to fit under there. I ran my air line for my compressor up into the engine compartment to keep it out of the weather. I have a Viair 450c which is a sealed compressor but you have to have the air pickup in a clean/dry area. I also ran an air line to the back of the truck and have a airline hookup at the rear of my truck so that I can use it to air up tires, tuves, etc... I mounted my air gauge and on/off switch for my compressor in the glove box. I also have a DPDT switch so that I can use my factory horn button for both horns. I think I have a diagram how everything is wired at work I believe and I can get it on Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Horns.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	3106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Horns (2).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	3107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Horns (3).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	3108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Horns (1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	3109  

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
Bags are just for help, not completely replace.

Here are some pics of my setup. The tank and compressor is underneath the passenger seat on the frame and my horns are mounted above my rear driveshaft pointed towards the rear of the truck (only place I could get train horns to fit under there. I ran my air line for my compressor up into the engine compartment to keep it out of the weather. I have a Viair 450c which is a sealed compressor but you have to have the air pickup in a clean/dry area. I also ran an air line to the back of the truck and have a airline hookup at the rear of my truck so that I can use it to air up tires, tuves, etc... I mounted my air gauge and on/off switch for my compressor in the glove box. I also have a DPDT switch so that I can use my factory horn button for both horns. I think I have a diagram how everything is wired at work I believe and I can get it on Tuesday.
HH
Thats a sweet system. Basicly what I'm looking for, But i have room on the flatbed for the tank, and was going to put a 50' hose/reel next to it for airing and the such. So can you tell me what I need for the in cab controls besides the bag set up. And did you buy it from firestone, because thats exactly what i'm looking for. Adjustable, with a better tank and compressor

FordT
I have kinda been workin on this with kermit some, but he can't seem to find what I need from firestone to run the in cab without buying the compressor and there tank and such.

On edit, I see you aren't running bags, just the compresser and the gauge is for tank PSI. Anyone else have any ideas?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:54 AM
MAFIA #8

Garage
All of my stuff is viair brand, I will have to look and see where i got everything though. I searched for a long time to get the cheapest price on everything. Someone makes a single gauge w/ two needles so that you can read two different things with one gauge, (what i want when I get bags). That way I can have one needle show my tank pressure and the other needle to show me my bag pressure.I have to look to find out who makes this gauge again though.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:58 AM
fordt

I think PSDPlayer sells those kind of air equipment.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:31 AM

I have PMed HH about this. Call me. There is a better way to do this a different way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode