Insurance co. dropped me for lift and tires!! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 110dave, this thread has received 40 replies and been viewed 2526 times.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Points: 417
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Insurance co. dropped me for lift and tires!!

I just got a letter in the mail today from Geico stating that they will dropping my 2003 F-350 with the 7" lift and 37" tires because it as they state " it is an increased risk". I've never had a claim against them and have been with them for years and this is how they pay me back. Anyone have any suggestions of a good insurance company or do I just need to lie about my mods to a new company. Thanks, Dave
110dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:51 AM
Gone Fishin...
 
merlin5577's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 3,099
Points: 13,385
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 561 Times in 471 Posts
Send a message via AIM to merlin5577 Send a message via Yahoo to merlin5577
Complain to your states regulatory commission. Thats just ridiculous.

Most insurance companies will give you a quote over their website, I would start there.

-Robert.

My Fleet;

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 2.0L 6A
2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.4L 6A
2003 Chevrolet Silverado LS 6.6L 5A
1997 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7L 4A

TDG MAFIA
Quote:
If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.
Thinking of buying a Duramax? You need to click this link;

Reading material

I am an old Fart;

Toot-Toot

merlin5577 is offline  
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Senior Member
 
bushpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tomball
Posts: 5,365
Points: 19,250
Thanks: 312
Thanked 717 Times in 530 Posts
who told 'em you HAD a lift ??

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
bushpilot is offline  
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Kip
In the passing lane
 
Kip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,453
Points: 48,491
Thanks: 56
Thanked 77 Times in 67 Posts
it probably depends on your state also. In utah you can only legally have 4inches of lift I think it is. So you would be illegal in utah that might be the cause

2005 2500HD DIRTYMAX 6in lift, dual exhaust, afe airbox. Tuner soon to come

2001 PSD shortbed crewcab, ATS tranny edge juice w/attitude, Superchips programmer, Gauges, exhaust, 4inch lift w/35s, (SOLD)

Originally Posted by sledneck57
Your sweating like a queer holding a hot dog.lol.
Kip is offline  
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 626
Points: 4,658
Thanks: 25
Thanked 88 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin5577 View Post
Complain to your states regulatory commission. Thats just ridiculous.

What's ridiculous about it? If you're an alcoholic who likes to go skydiving while tripping on LSD it's reasonable to assume you'd pay a higher premium for life insurance than someone who remains sober with their feet firmly planted on terra firma. Driving a vehicle with altered suspension, despite what a lot of folks on here believe, means that you're operating your vehicle outside what the manufacturer has designated as that vehicle's limits and IMO the insurance company is justified in shutting off your coverage for altering the vehicle. Nowhere in the Constitution or in any of its amendments is the RIGHT to insurance coverage mentioned so even though you don't like Geico's decision to drop you, unless they are in breach of a specific clause in your policy, I'd be looking for another insurer.

2K2 F350 PSD/ZF6, Fluidampr/Melling LPOP, AirDog/ITP RR, DP F5, Tymar/high-flow outlet/MBRP 4", Dynatrac Free-Spin hub conversion
jvencius is offline  
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Senior Member
 
bushpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tomball
Posts: 5,365
Points: 19,250
Thanks: 312
Thanked 717 Times in 530 Posts
im the first to say i dislike insurance companies...BUT theyre decisions for coverage
and the cost are based on STATISTICS....theirs is a job of minimizing their exposure
and risk.

statistics show that lifted trucks, when involved in an accident, inflict more damage
on the other vehicle and its occupants.

unfortunately once youve been canceled or NOTIFIED of cancellation youll be required
to disclose that information when you apply for NEW coverage.

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
bushpilot is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bushpilot For this addition to TDG:
merlin5577 (09-05-2009)
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
TDG MAFIA
 
harleystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Willis TX
Posts: 1,270
Points: 62,603
Thanks: 97
Thanked 125 Times in 108 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to harleystroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110dave View Post
I just got a letter in the mail today from Geico stating that they will dropping my 2003 F-350 with the 7" lift and 37" tires because it as they state " it is an increased risk". I've never had a claim against them and have been with them for years and this is how they pay me back. Anyone have any suggestions of a good insurance company or do I just need to lie about my mods to a new company. Thanks, Dave
I have progressive and have no complaints
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
What's ridiculous about it? If you're an alcoholic who likes to go skydiving while tripping on LSD it's reasonable to assume you'd pay a higher premium for life insurance than someone who remains sober with their feet firmly planted on terra firma. Driving a vehicle with altered suspension, despite what a lot of folks on here believe, means that you're operating your vehicle outside what the manufacturer has designated as that vehicle's limits and IMO the insurance company is justified in shutting off your coverage for altering the vehicle. Nowhere in the Constitution or in any of its amendments is the RIGHT to insurance coverage mentioned so even though you don't like Geico's decision to drop you, unless they are in breach of a specific clause in your policy, I'd be looking for another insurer.
were In the constitution does it state that we must have a valid d/L or insurance? its all a scam i tell ya. Our government is screwing us and the ins. companies. I blame the white man lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
im the first to say i dislike insurance companies...BUT theyre decisions for coverage
and the cost are based on STATISTICS....theirs is a job of minimizing their exposure
and risk.

statistics show that lifted trucks, when involved in an accident, inflict more damage
on the other vehicle and its occupants.

unfortunately once youve been canceled or NOTIFIED of cancellation youll be required
to disclose that information when you apply for NEW coverage.
unless its a fly by night they don't care just give them money.

TDG MAFIA

04 Harley F250 c/c s/b: 06 headlights, 3'' rough county lift, Eagle 20's, 35'' tarragrapplers, 4'' turbo back magnaflow with cat/muffler delete, 6000k HID's, Recon line of fire/ mirror lights/3rd brake/&Tales,Studs/gaskets,Tuned SCT X3,STL strobe kit, Icon shocks,Dfuser Egr/ Egr cooler delete, 03 turbo
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...04/sq_com4.gif
harleystroker is offline  
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 1,606
Points: 69,215
Thanks: 262
Thanked 205 Times in 155 Posts
Garage
X2 on Progressive! They have been great to deal with over the years.

2009 F350 4x4 CCLB Job 2, Lariat Ultimate, 6.4L, Auto, Tuned by KEM, S&B, DPF/DOC delete, 325/65xR18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Weld EVO Cheyenne 8 wheels, 2.5" Levelling Kit, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Recon Smoked Mirror and roof lights, Mag-Hytec Diff. Covers, Line-X Xtra Spray on liner, Weatherguard toolbox, DuraFlap mudflaps, Bilstein 5100's, ALL The Factory Options!


http://community.webshots.com/user/FineFord
H-M.W.H. Club #2
Union Club #1
Singles #237
B.O.M.B. Squad #12
Ridin' Dirty Club #17
American Club #15
fine69 is offline  
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator
 
fordt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vero Beach, FL.
Posts: 12,738
Points: 87,019
Thanks: 380
Thanked 1,064 Times in 566 Posts
Images: 5
Garage
Progressive.

I have a local independent agent here in Vero Beach that is great to work with. In fact he may be reading this. He has a NBS Cummins, and insures my vehicles, home, etc. I had Prgressive on my pulling truck, with no problems, 6" of lift.

-Wayne
2007 Chevy LBZ 6.6L Classic

Quote:
Age is a hell of a price to pay for maturity.
fordt is offline  
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
bushpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tomball
Posts: 5,365
Points: 19,250
Thanks: 312
Thanked 717 Times in 530 Posts
+1 on progressive.

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
bushpilot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lift and Tires OOWeaver68 Supporting Vendors Forum 14 01-05-2009 02:22 PM
Lift vs Tires AllOut0606 1994-2003 7.3L Power Stroke 5 12-19-2007 07:32 AM
Here it is tires and Lift lilgsx General Ford Truck and Excursion 17 11-24-2006 09:01 PM
new lift and tires:D strokin General Ford Truck and Excursion 5 11-20-2006 08:34 PM
before and after...lift and tires... TXHNTR General Ford Truck and Excursion 8 09-18-2006 10:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome