08+ Leaf Springs on 99-07...anybody done it? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TxFireman1972, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 470 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

08+ Leaf Springs on 99-07...anybody done it?

Has anybody swapped 08+ springs on to 99-07 trucks? The 08+ springs are 8" longer and are supposed to ride alot better. The difference is the front hanger is 8" more forward. Curious if anyone has attempted it. I ran accross this on EBAY , just wondered if anybody had done it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...item3a53e250a1

I emailed him and asked about them. He told me:

just think if you welded 8 inches onto the front of your current leaf springs…..the rear shackle and axle center pin remain in exactly the same place, its just that the front eye is moved forward by 8 inches….this actually makes the leaf springs the same length in front and in back of the axle like it should be….the 99-07 design is really a terrible design because of the shorter front section really affects ride quality and limits maximum load….

Like I said, we have them on all of our company 1999-2001 F350 duallies, and it makes a huge difference, both in ride quality and weight carrying capacity, and there were absolutely no issues with regard to axle location, simply removing the existing front hangers and replacing them with ours 8 inches further toward the front is all that’s necessary….

Well I've tried talking to the guy that has the listing. Not much luck on getting info out of him. I asked him if he would sell me a set of just the mounts and he told me he couldnt because this was the last set he was trying to clear out, thats why the price is so cheap. I told him:

Well I'm interested but want to see what the brackets look like. So send me a pic of them and we'll see what we can do. There has to be a way to let me see what they look like if you are "trying to clear out this last set". Why wouldnt a person just be able to get a set of factory mounts and move them forward 8 inches? Just put yourself in my shoes, would you spend $1000 on something that somebody doesnt even want to show you a picture of?
He responded:

Because:

1) you don’t know the correct location to mount them (not as simple as 8 inches forward)

2) what are you going to do when the main frame crossmember falls out (and it will if you do the sequence wrong)

3) how do you plan to handle the parking brake cables (existing bracket is 8 inches forward of existing spring mount)

We’ve already figured out all these issues and several others that you will encounter…..

Just heard back from him again, he told me:

We are not going to send you a picture of the mounts for the simple reason that they can be copied……..that is the reason there is no picture of the mounts to begin with in the auction….if you are interested in this kit, you are welcome to do the buy-it-now…….if not, we understand and thanks for your interest…..Scott @ IST

2005 F350 Crew Cab 4x4
PMF Rear Leaf Spring Conversion w/2011 Leaf Springs
20" Harley Wheels 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
ARP Studs & EGR Delete from PowerStrokeMagic w/GearHead Tunes
Amp Research Steps, MBRP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM

I thought this thread sounded familiar...

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...hlight=springs

2K2 F350 PSD/ZF6, Fluidampr/Melling LPOP, AirDog/ITP RR, DP F5, Tymar/high-flow outlet/MBRP 4", Dynatrac Free-Spin hub conversion
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

My bad, I didn't remember posting it on here lol.

I guess if that's your only comment, you must not have any info.

2005 F350 Crew Cab 4x4
PMF Rear Leaf Spring Conversion w/2011 Leaf Springs
20" Harley Wheels 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
ARP Studs & EGR Delete from PowerStrokeMagic w/GearHead Tunes
Amp Research Steps, MBRP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode