Subwoofer Troubleshooting - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by codyr6, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 967 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Subwoofer Troubleshooting

Ok so I have had a 10inch subwoofer installed in my truck (I did the install) as well as a Pioneer Dvd touchscreen head unit, and a kicker amp. Everything sounds great when I installed it and it was running beautifully for the last 8months or so and now its cuttin out and hitting off rythm? It just randomnly started and I am not sure what happened to cause it, the bump from the sub is almost delayed sometimes (like it hits late) and then other times no bump at all then half way thru the song it kicks in and bumps a little bit??? WTF??? lol

I am going to check the ground first. This would seem the most obvious to me, even tho hitting bumps doesnt fix or change the subwoofers reactions.

Then im going to check to see if the wires are lose and I will recut them and reconnect them. Maybe when the subwoofer was getting moved around it got screwed up, IDK??

Does the fuse goin out on the subwoofer cause this? I would think it wouldn't work at all either there is amperage or there isnt ya know?

I know this was all installed properly because I did the work and I know the connections are all right because it worked great for so long and now its randomnly acting bipolar/retarded for no reason (alot like having a girlfriend)

Let me know if you guys think of anything or have experienced the same problem. Thanks in advance!!

2004 6.0L F-350 leveled on 35s with 3.5in Strait Pipe CuStOm Side Exit Exhaust. Pioneer DvD touchscreen, Kicker 10inch subwoofer, Kicker Amp, Blacked out Windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:59 PM

i dunno if you got the problem fixed yet or mot, i had simmilar problems with a stereo. this sounds stupid but replace the main fuse on the power cable going to your amp.i had a bad connection that wasnt visable in the end cap of my fuse. replaced it and eveything worked perfect after that. perhaps as well, try swapping a different sub or amp in there for troubleshooting.

1992 F250 7.3 Powerstroke conversion 6" Skyjacker lift straight piped MBRP 4" exhaust dana 60 swap completed

Canadian Club Member #57
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 AM

I would start with your ground. My system was working fine for about 8 months too then started cutting on and off. I relocated my ground and haven't had a problem since. Mine worked fine at low volume then started cutting out when turned up.

05' F-250, Harley Davidson #2993, True Blue
SCT X2 programmer (innovative tuned), MBRP 4in turbo back SS Cool Duals, Gutted Cat, S&B cold air intake, 2" front 1" rear lift, 325x60x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Stock Harley 20" rims, Line X, 20% tint all around, Alpine Linear Sub system, 4k Sylvania Silver Star lights, Zoo Dad mod, line of fire by Recon, ARP head studs, RCD EGR delete, new heads, new Turbo, dual bilstein steering stabilizers, bilstein 5100 shocks all 4 corners, truxedo bed cover, Amsoil. U.S.C.G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode