front hubs - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Fighting Irish, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 1117 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
front hubs

well the time has come for me to replace my front hubs on the truck. what hubs do you guys recommend.

i've looked at the Warn Hubs and if i choose those i will be getting the premium ones. i was also reading up on them and they are manual hubs? so by going to them i would lose the auto/manual that the stock FORD hubs have?

i guess my question is that when i buy the WARN Premium Hubs will i need the manual hub spindle kit and also the manual hub service kit as i am sort of confused.

is the service kit just needed if you need to rebuild the WARN hubs or ??? and also i'm not familiar if the 99-04 superdutys have the 3bolt automatic hub covers?

any help would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to make a mistake and then have to return a bunch of stuff because i was miss informed as when they get replaced i am doing the following

Hubs
Upper/Lower Ball Joints
Wheel Bearings

2003 Ford F-250 SuperCab FX4
6.0L Turbo Diesel
RCD EGR Delete Kit, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter, Warren Diesel 155cc/Stock Nozzle Injectors, ARP Headstuds, Innovative Diesel Tunes, 5" Straight Pipe Exhaust, Blue Spring Mod, 4.5" Lift Kit

2006 Ford F-250 CrewCab FX4
6.0L Turbo Diesel
Innovative Diesel Tunes, 4" MBRP Single Stack Kit w/ Side-By-Side Dual Aussie Stack, Blue Spring Mod, RCD EGR Delete, Warren Diesel 155cc/30% Nozzle Injectors, Sinister Coolant Filter Kit, One Piece STC Fitting, Updated Standpipes/Dummy Plugs, Variant Raim Air/Cold Air Intake, 6" Lift Kit, 37s on 20" wheels,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM

Garage
i would go with warn i have them there way better than factory just you have to lock them unlike the factory autos

2003 F-350 SC SB 6.0 Powerstroke 4X4, k&n intake, 4in turbo back stainless into 6in miter stacks, sct xcal 3 innovative, cale, elite, autometer phantoms II (trans,boost,pryo), full suncoast w/deep mag-tec, gillette diesel egr cooler delete, cfm large mouth intake elbow, coolant filter, ARP studs, zoozad mod, ccv mod, ITP RR, swamps ficm upgrade, 6k HID head and fog, '06 front end w/harley lights, '08 tailgate and taillights, 20x9 kmc XD hoss 305/50/20 toyo proxes STII, 20% tint , clear rencons all around and thats about it for now
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 AM

ya i thought the same thing you did but i installed them and you just have to lock them in everytime but i would go with the warn i like them
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
Moved to the general Ford forum.

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Garage
I have the Warn Premium Hubs. You have to get out to lock them, you lose the auto feature, but when they are locked they are locked and when they are unlocked they are unlocked. They always work so its worth the hassle.

And no, you don't need those kits.

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64
The Following User Says Thank You to BillsFan For this addition to TDG:
6LTR4LIFE (09-29-2010)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Mod Friendly Title

Send a message via AIM to Zaairman
Warns are so much better than the factory autocrap hubs. I have the standard ones and love em. Like BillsFan said, no kit is needed to install these. They just slide right in.

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.
20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, waiting on tires

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 05:52 PM

I upgraded to warns on mine...and only have one complaint.

Each winter the first time I go to lock them in...they don't work. On the passenger side hub there is a ring that goes into a grove on the back of the unit. Sometime during the summer this ring always comes out. Once I get it put back in...the hub works fine for the rest of the winter.

But...the first time I need it I am usually in a situation where I REALLY need it.

~Dave~

2012 F350 KR Dually, stock...bone stock.

early 99 PSD CC F250, DP Tuner F-5, Stealth Stage I, Casserly 160cc singles, Monsterbox Tranny, MBRP cool duals, ITP Regulated fuel system, Cobalts and Performax gauges, and way to much else to remember right now. **traded**

2004 Excursion Limited 6.0L, Dipricol gauges on the A-Pillar, Bilsteins and BFG's on the corners, lost EGR (not looking hard for it either), ARP studs, RCD Black Onyx head gaskets, MBRP 4" exhaust, (labor performed by Dan @ Midwest Transmission) **giggled when traded**

Quote:
I'm pretty good at drinkin beer -Billy Currington
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Mod Friendly Title

Send a message via AIM to Zaairman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr View Post

Each winter the first time I go to lock them in...they don't work. On the passenger side hub there is a ring that goes into a grove on the back of the unit. Sometime during the summer this ring always comes out. Once I get it put back in...the hub works fine for the rest of the winter.

But...the first time I need it I am usually in a situation where I REALLY need it.
That's an odd situation. But, I use my hubs about once a month so I guess that keeps this from happening?

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, X Code Springs, 33" BFGs (SUCK), Alpine W200, Pioneer "D" Series Kevlar 6x8"s, Sirius Satellite Radio, 12" Memphis Pro Audio Subwoofer.
20x10 Mickey Thompson Classic IIs, waiting on tires

SLAPS Member #153

Just because I kiss the prettiest girls and I drive my truck too fast, why does everybody want to kick my @ss?

Donut Video
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr View Post

I rarely use mine and I've never had this problem. Have you tried calling Warn to see if they can help you?

2002 F350XLT SRW 4x4 CrewCab 160k 2" Leveling Kit, Warn Premium Hubs, Prodigy TBC, Hankook DynaPro ATM's, '08 Diff Cover, Foil Delete, Edge Evolution II, Tymar Intake, 4" Turbo Back Diamond Eye Exhaust, DieselSite Coolant Filtration System & DieselSite Engine / Intercooler Boots!

Thanks to Dale @ Tymar Performance
and Bob @ DieselSite!

TDG Singles Club Member #73

Ridin' Dirty #64

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode