Anybody running Kelderman Air-Ride??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 4S FED, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 903 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Anybody running Kelderman Air-Ride???

Just wondering if anyone is using a Kelderman Air-Ride on their trucks. I like what I see, but am thinking it may be too cost prohibitive. All said and done, how does the cost compair to the nicer (normal) lift kits out there? (Eg- Donahoe and Fabtek) :shrug: I would be doing the work myself...:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:03 PM
fordt

I don't have it.....I helped a good friend put it on his 2001 Dodge 3500, front and rear lift, holy PITA! There was 4 of us, 2 full time big rig mechanics and me and the owner. All said and done, the instructions were very poor, few peices fit right, most had to be trimmed here, or the truck had to be notched there type of thing. Tim wishes he would have never done it.:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
fordt

This was one problem we had, there was an adjustable bar that went from the hanger on the left, to something, can't remember on the right. Tell me, how dose it go through the rear diff? BTW Tim asked to make sure that it was compatible with the Mag cover before he ordered. Turns out after waiting for 2 days for a phone call returned we had to notch out about 4 inches of the frame to make it fit

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:06 PM

i dont have one myself but they had one up here at Waldoch, i checked it out <didnt get to see it in action> but it looked like a very good setup, quality parts, good finish, and im sure the ride is really nice as with most air ride applications....ive heard nothing but praise from my grandpa's business partner that has his 5th wheel tralier with air ride on it..they said nothing moves....

but thats all word of mouth.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordt
This was one problem we had, there was an adjustable bar that went from the hanger on the left, to something, can't remember on the right. Tell me, how dose it go through the rear diff? BTW Tim asked to make sure that it was compatible with the Mag cover before he ordered. Turns out after waiting for 2 days for a phone call returned we had to notch out about 4 inches of the frame to make it fit

Yikes! :HITFAN:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:37 PM
fordt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S FED
Yikes! :HITFAN:
Thats what we said
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Soooo, it looks like Donahoe Racing it is! :HappyMugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode