Stereo Change out from 06 to 08 or Newer - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Diesel Newbe, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1734 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Stereo Change out from 06 to 08 or Newer

Has anyone changed out the Stock Stereo unit in a 06 F-350 to one from 08 or newer? I was wondering if the two models are compatible?
I'm looking to have the Aux input and the Bluetooth hands free features and XM Radio and still have the Stock Ford Stereo. Do the newer Ford Stereo Units have these features?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Music in motion

Sorry man, don't know but you gotta have your music!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM

try aftermarket used navigation systems - Kenwood. Cheap, navigation, good sound, parrot hands free system - great!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 AM

I had an 08 stock with the nav- did not have bluetooth. Now the newer ones have the microsoft sync, bluetooth, etc.

I replaced mine with the pioneer avic 120- I think. (sorry not in truck) Anyway it has bluetooth, back up camera, garmin nav, DVD, more power than the stock unit. I also had the speakers changed and was considering an amp until the owner of the stereo shop I use talked me out of it. He said you will be fine with the pioneers power- of course I would love to sell you an amp, but it will be a waste of money. Guess thats why I've been a 25 year customer of this place.

They also disabled the locks so the passenger can operate nav system at speed

To see what the pioneer looks like I think if you search the pioneer website for installs you will see it under an F350.

The total price was around 2k.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Boost Junkie

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re
Too funny, almost 1 yr since the OP! lol, but were still throwing it out there, heheh.....incase the original thread starter is interested, I recently bought a JVC KW-XR610 double din HU off Ebay (got luck, $115!!...can fin for roughly $130 online, not bad!). It has both the front 3.5mm aux & USB input. Has the option for JVC modules that allow for SAT/HD radio, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc. Front/rear/sub RCA's & multicolor selection to match interior colors. Much more power over the factory HU, love the difference in sound, even with the factory speakers!

05' f350 DRW
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

I wouldnt have to manage my anger if you would just manage your stupidity!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode