Ill be installing the Alpine INA-W910 HU in my 08 Super Duty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bat 21, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1606 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
JUNIOR,junior Member

Thumbs up Ill be installing the Alpine INA-W910 HU in my 08 Super Duty

Should be done with the install Monday, for any of yous thinking about it, I'll then be able to give a better opinion of the whole experience and how well it works. Purchased a "square deal" warranty for a LITTLE piece of mind.
So for, removed the factory AM/AFM HU with no problem and the wiring hardness seems straight forward. What I didn't expect is having to buy a dash trim kit, but that was because of my misguided trust in Crutchfield on their "free installation Kit". Should have known. And getting a wiring harness for Ford with a bunch of stripped wires on the end wasn't a great experience either, especially for a color blind guy. Gonna send the Head Unit Power pack back for 2 reasons... 1, don't need the extra 45 watts for the $125.00, 2, Don't need to throw all that stripped wire connecting into the mix, it was quit enough to experience the HU wiring. I bought A set of Kenwood 6x9s from autozone to install into the front doors to replace the tiny factory ones. Gonna what til spring to do the rear ones, just have to run the 2 front for now. I tille trouble finding where to hook in the Yellow/Black "Hand Brake" wire and the Yellow/black "Foot Brake" wire. Yes, that's what they are called on the sticked on the HU itself. And they are to lock me out of the menus while truck is in motion. There goes the entertainment for the dogs. And no "Born Identity" for me either drining through Tenn.
I'll post more with pictures by Monday if anyone is interested. Still have other things to do yet; Install the Bed swing arm wench, rear view mirror back-up camera (ohh wireless), CB and Hamm radios and hiding place for the Glock 26.

' 2008 White Superduty Exy Cab, 5th wheel HQ for my 25 foot 5th wheel Coachman Catelina 2000 Mobile Man Cave. Stereo: ALPINE INA-W910 GPS, CB, Mini 14, Back-up Camera, Glock 26 and much much more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode