05+ Intake Elbow on 03-04 Superduty - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hhrecovery, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 3880 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
MAFIA #8

Garage
05+ Intake CAN be installed onto 03-04 truck with only minor issues. It is a direct bolt on but it does throw a code (P0407) but is only found if using a scanner. I believe I have actually came up with a way to prevent from throwing a code at all and under further testing I will let everyone know. It didn’t make the CEL come on or anything like that. **UPDATE** If you have one of the recent flashes on your truck it will not even throw a code when you remove the throttle body. Thanks to 6L strokin, dalpilot, and jello for all verifing this for me **UPDATE** This is an easy swap and only took me about 15 mins. But I have removed my intake a couple times so I knew what to expect.

Tools Needed:
7/16” deep well socket or wrench
8mm socket
10mm socket
5mm allen wrench
ratchet w/ 6” extension

First use your 7/16” tool to remove the clamp that holds the boot onto the intake elbow, then use your 8mm socket to remove 3 of the bolts that hold the intake elbow down and the 10mm socket on the last bolt. (Fig A) The intake elbow should just come right off at this point.

Next you will need to unplug both wiring harnesses from the throttle body. (Fig B) You can just shove them down out of the way between the oil filter and EGR valve or lay them down w/ the factory wiring harness and secure them to it (this is what I am planning on doing)

Then use your 5mm allen wrench to remove the three bolts that hold the throttle body onto the intake. (Fig C)

Carefully remove one of the rubber o-rings from either the top or bottom of the throttle body and install it into the groove of your new elbow. Now you can just install your new elbow exactly opposite of how your removed the old one. You will need to use the three 7mm sockets and one of the 5mm bolts. I found a washer in my garage and used it under the 5mm bolt (Fig D)

Make sure you tighten the clamp up on the boot to make sure it doesn’t pop off after you get boost built up.

Here is a pic of an 03 elbow

In the next pic you can see the 04 factory intake elbow w/ throttle body compared to a 05+ factory intake elbow and an accufab 05+ intake elbow

Final Product (Accufab 05-07 Elbow)

If you have an early flash and it does throw the P0407 code you can remove this connector from the throttle body and just leave it plugged into the wiring harness. You will need the tamper proof torx bits to remove it. (or a set of vice grips)

Aaron - 2004 F350 "Offroad Edition"

2003 F250 "Pulling Truck"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhrecovery
05+ Intake CAN be installed onto 03-04 truck with only minor issues. It is a direct bolt on but it does throw a code (P0407) but is only found if using a scanner. I believe I have actually came up with a way to prevent from throwing a code at all and under further testing I will let everyone know. It didn’t make the CEL come on or anything like that. **UPDATE** If you have one of the recent flashes on your truck it will not even throw a code when you remove the throttle body. Thanks to 6L strokin, dalpilot, and jello for all verifing this for me **UPDATE** This is an easy swap and only took me about 15 mins. But I have removed my intake a couple times so I knew what to expect.

Tools Needed:
7/16” deep well socket or wrench
8mm socket
10mm socket
5mm allen wrench
ratchet w/ 6” extension

First use your 7/16” tool to remove the clamp that holds the boot onto the intake elbow, then use your 8mm socket to remove 3 of the bolts that hold the intake elbow down and the 10mm socket on the last bolt. (Fig A) The intake elbow should just come right off at this point.

Next you will need to unplug both wiring harnesses from the throttle body. (Fig B) You can just shove them down out of the way between the oil filter and EGR valve or lay them down w/ the factory wiring harness and secure them to it (this is what I am planning on doing)

Then use your 5mm allen wrench to remove the three bolts that hold the throttle body onto the intake. (Fig C)

Carefully remove one of the rubber o-rings from either the top or bottom of the throttle body and install it into the groove of your new elbow. Now you can just install your new elbow exactly opposite of how your removed the old one. You will need to use the three 7mm sockets and one of the 5mm bolts. I found a washer in my garage and used it under the 5mm bolt (Fig D)

Make sure you tighten the clamp up on the boot to make sure it doesn’t pop off after you get boost built up.

Here is a pic of an 03 elbow

In the next pic you can see the 04 factory intake elbow w/ throttle body compared to a 05+ factory intake elbow and an accufab 05+ intake elbow

Final Product (Accufab 05-07 Elbow)

If you have an early flash and it does throw the P0407 code you can remove this connector from the throttle body and just leave it plugged into the wiring harness. You will need the tamper proof torx bits to remove it. (or a set of vice grips)

my trucks throwing codes 0487,0488. Any thoughts around this. The cel comes on as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode