Steveracer Mod - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AUGSX, this thread has received 33 replies and been viewed 7323 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #24

Steveracer Mod

I just though you some of you guys might enjoy this free little mod. Keeps the fog lights on when you hit your highbeams.

http://www.ssdiv.com/fogfix.html

Enjoy and happy modding.

AUG

2005 Excursion 6.0 4X4 EB 4" MBRP Turbo back 5" tip, Zoodad, Steveracer, Stryker 490 CB(with mods of course), Wilson 5000, Bully Dog outlook monitor, DR 3" lift W/ Bilstien Shocks, U and mod B codes, DR Dual Steering Stabilizer, Billet Badges, 05 Powerstroke Badges, Weld Cheyennes 18x10, Mickey Thomspon 325/60-18's, DynaMated interior, Strobes, Train horns, 30mm rear sway bar, HIDs in Headlights, Fogs and backups, AIRAID Intake system, Randy Ellis light bar, 4 KC lights, oilgaurd, FASS, LED markers, Bean's 190cc Injectors, Bean's Turbo, ARP Headstuds, SCT By Kermit, Custom Fuel System, More to come...
:grd

14.109 @ 95.96mph best 1/4 for now, Oh ya @ 8520lbs
Worlds Fastest and Quickest Super Heavy Weight Excursion.
"Can You Keep Up?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 06:56 AM

I did it to mine...definetly worth the ten minutes it took to do it.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:00 PM

i did it 2..... i think my truck hates me, now i dont have fog lights lol
IF i could get it to work right, i would LOVE it
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Obviously Intuitive !

Aug,
worked ok on your 05 ?
same wire color and all ?
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #24
Threadstarter

YEP. Sure did. But remember mines an EX. And I think the link shows what it will work on.

2005 Excursion 6.0 4X4 EB 4" MBRP Turbo back 5" tip, Zoodad, Steveracer, Stryker 490 CB(with mods of course), Wilson 5000, Bully Dog outlook monitor, DR 3" lift W/ Bilstien Shocks, U and mod B codes, DR Dual Steering Stabilizer, Billet Badges, 05 Powerstroke Badges, Weld Cheyennes 18x10, Mickey Thomspon 325/60-18's, DynaMated interior, Strobes, Train horns, 30mm rear sway bar, HIDs in Headlights, Fogs and backups, AIRAID Intake system, Randy Ellis light bar, 4 KC lights, oilgaurd, FASS, LED markers, Bean's 190cc Injectors, Bean's Turbo, ARP Headstuds, SCT By Kermit, Custom Fuel System, More to come...

"Can You Keep Up?"
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Obviously Intuitive !

Me too - and an 05 - that's why I asked you bleeding edge guys !
Thanks!

Already put my 9005's in the fogs so they ACTUALLY put out some light !!!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

moved

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
TDG Mafia Member #24
Threadstarter

Ok just to clear things up here... The fog lights on our trucks are not fog lights, anyone who has used them in fog can tell you they don't do a thing in the Fog except shoot light right back at you. Also fog light is a popular term these days, the lights that ford puts in are actually driving lights to help your peripheral vision more than anything else. For a fog light to be effective for one it must be a flet beam that fires low underneath the fog and also should be either yellow or amber in color to provide contrast as white light does not(it just bounces of everything). And this mod does nothing for your theory of standing across the intersection from some guy with his fog lights on really doesn't apply here because he can do that without this mod. This mod actually only allows you to have your driving lights on with your high beams. And Fords reasoning behing not allowing the fogs to turn on with the highbeams is the same as the reason the low beams turn off when the highbeams go on. The reason is because it theoretically cause glare back in the drivers face and reduces long distance visability. If this thread were about swaping out your stock fog light bulbs for a pair of 9005 highbeam bulbs then I think you arrgument might have a leg to stand on. That is a whole other thread. So keep your eyes open for that one people. I don't mean to get on you but I like for people to know the facts. And these are the facts.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

BTW Ford should learn how to aim the "fog lights", when I drove my truck for the first time at night I was getting flashed by everyone and didn't know why turns out my drivers side fog was pointing up at the sky and the other pointing directly at oncoming traffic.

AUG

"Can You Keep Up?"
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:35 PM
AKA - FFpsd

Same here I get flashed all the time. Just to lazzy yet to redirect them.

-Jason

2005 F250 C/C Short Bed
FX4..Lariat..Black W/Tan Interior
SCT Xcal2 W/Cutsom Tunes**Zoodad Mod**285/70R17 BFG A/T's on Stockers
The Diesel Garage

Can You Keep Up???

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:22 AM
Obviously Intuitive !

Actually the stock fogs DO have a very flat topped low beam -
and at least on my 03 and 05 Ex were both adjustable to ensure they were low...

BUT... given that I have seen fog no more than ONE time since I moved to Texas,
the first mod I do is pull the 12 watt or so fog light bulb and put in 55w silverstar 9005's so I have some LIGHT...

They are on for MY view improvement, not to blind u and
I would never have brights on when u are coming at me unless you do too - then I feel for ya...
my 03 had about 400 watts in six lights facing at u if u tried to blind me

but I get your drift....
if'n the lites are too bright - even misadjusted (which many are) it can blind ya....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode