As many of us show frustration with the task of loading the Extreme Tune Software to add/remove files for our SCT I will try to give some instructions on it..... I am no Software WIZ, but I will do my best to help everybody out here.
1. Go to SCT's Website to their Downloads section http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php
From here you will need to download
Xtreme Personal Tuning Software - Full Install 1.1.1
Xtreme Personal Tuning Software - Update 1.1.3
XCalibrator 2 Drivers N/A
In that order.... Your computer should automatically install The Xtreme Personal Tuning Software Versions 1.1.1 & 1.1.3...... The hard part comes when we have to install the drivers.
2. When you go to install the drivers, you want to save them to a specific location and remember it. I reccomend C:\Program Files\SCT\SCTuning.
3. Next you need to identify what COM port you're on and install the drivers.
Right Click on "My Computer" It will bring up a menu to the side click on "Properties". The System Properties window comes up, click on the "Hardware" tab, Then under the "Hardware" tab select "Device Manager".
4. Once Device Manager comes up look about 3/4 of the way down the page and you will see "Ports COM & LPT" Click on that to expand. It will show all of you COM ports. At this time plug in your Xcal2 using the supplied USB cable. Your computer should detect the device it should display USB <->Serial.
5. Right Click on the USB<->Serial , a menu will pop up and select Update Drivers. Then Installation Wizard will come up. Select "Yes,this time only" and hit Next. Then select "Install from a list or specific location"
6. At the next window un-check "Search removable media". Check Include from a specific location. Hit the "Browse" button and go through the prompts to end up at C:\Program Files\SCT\SCTuning.
7. Windows will begin to search for the best driver out of that file. You will first need to select the one of the two choices it gives you. Select the one with the file name not the window update.
8. After that is finished installing, Unplug the Xcal2 and then re-plug the Xcal2. Go back to device manager, repeat steps 5-7 except this time install the windows update.
9. Go back to device manager and take note of what COM port the Xcal2 is recognized as. It will be titled USB Serial Port (COM X)(X will be a number)
10. Everything is installed
11. For information on how to run your Extreme Tune software you can use this link http://www.sctflash.com/docs/extreme_Tune.htm
. It is a video guide on how to use some of the features of the Extreme Tune Software.
If anyone has any questions regarding the install you can contact myself, your SCT dealer, or SCT direct.