here we go again.. traction bars... - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AmarilloSD, this thread has received 23 replies and been viewed 9629 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

here we go again.. traction bars...

Ive been reading and researching a lot on traction bars lately, ive pretty much got my mind set on the kind i want to build/have built/Buy, in my opinion and from what ive read a single bar doesnt completely fix the problem you need a dual bar that has an upper and lower mount to "lock the axle in place and then when they run up to the frame, they need to have a shackle or it will not allow the suspension to articualte causing a not so comfy ride, right now ive got my mind stuck on either Rize, fabtech, or having my buddy tyler build me a set, what are your guys' opinion obviously price is a big issue and heres what i see

Rize- proven beefy looking brand name and quality, 1100 dollar price tag
Fabtech- Not bad looking looks like they will work well but i dont know anyone with experience using these 600 dollar price tag
Custom built- Guaranteed strength custom fit maybe a little over kill 700-800 dollar price tag (super friend discount)

My question is with say the fabtech, will the heim joints become noisy over time? what kind of ends is rize using? anyone used the fabtech and know if they are strong and good quality?

the custom ones that my buddy said he will build will be an upper and lower mount on the axle using modular (rebuilable and greasable ends) with .240 wall tubing then primed and painted

what are your thoughts

2006 f350 C.C.SB Amarillo Edition- Afe Stage 2 intake, SCT, mbrp 5" turbo back with 6" tip, 7" icon lift,325/50/22 dynapro atms on 22x11 black XD diesels, keystone heat extractor hood, 4.30 gears, 03 turbo DR/icon traction bars, Hd Heads, Painted front and rear bumpers, arp head studs, Welded EGR

wish list/coming soon-banks ic, regulated return fuel system, Tuned FICM, but not if i do a CR cummins first!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
off to another home

Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,112 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SSpeeDEMONSS
i say have your friend make them.

do not make them too long as they will defeat the purpose of the "lift bar".

not sure about which ends the rize bars use but ill go try to find out.

also, a single bar works great. mine have been awesome!

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!
oh well, i have a map to the darkside

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 PM
off to another home

Garage
Rize's site said they use heim joints.

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i thought i posted this in the general ford oops, your singles work great yet i dont understand how it can completely fix the issue, it still can rotate at the lower joint

2006 f350 C.C.SB Amarillo Edition- Afe Stage 2 intake, SCT, mbrp 5" turbo back with 6" tip, 7" icon lift,325/50/22 dynapro atms on 22x11 black XD diesels, keystone heat extractor hood, 4.30 gears, 03 turbo DR/icon traction bars, Hd Heads, Painted front and rear bumpers, arp head studs, Welded EGR

wish list/coming soon-banks ic, regulated return fuel system, Tuned FICM, but not if i do a CR cummins first!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
off to another home

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokebronco View Post
i thought i posted this in the general ford oops, your singles work great yet i dont understand how it can completely fix the issue, it still can rotate at the lower joint
rotate where?

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

it seems that under and extreme load the force is supposed to push forward but where the lower joint is will still rotate causing the spring to take all the wrap where i think it will flex? i could be completely off here no?

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
off to another home

Garage
Quote:
it seems that under and extreme load the force is supposed to push forward but where the lower joint is will still rotate causing the spring to take all the wrap where i think it will flex? i could be completely off here no?
your thinking is right but its not like that. if that was the case im sure there would be a lot less single bars out there. with the bar there the spring cant really wrap like it used to.

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

it cant rotate forward no cause the single bar pushes into the frame and hence not letting it wrap but wouldnt the spring buckle?

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 PM
off to another home

Garage
Quote:
it cant rotate forward no cause the single bar pushes into the frame and hence not letting it wrap but wouldnt the spring buckle?
it seems that way but it doesnt. why? i dont know.

what happens if you put it in reverse and floor it? really bad wheel hop right? if i do the same thing it just spins.

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

have you ran it with a load on it? what about binding have you got any binding? is your ride stiffer?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode