making those tire lettering white again - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by cdooguy, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 2234 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
jet ski racer

making those tire lettering white again

I think the most important part of the cleaning process is the chemical you use to clean the tires I use Spray 9 or simple green. Make sure and use it straight do not dilute it and only spray it on the tires not the rims. Before I use the brush I let it sit for a minute. You should almost be able to see the white running off the tire. Use a good stiff bristle brush. Scrub and rinse with water. I donít like to let it sit to long so it does not dry out the rubber. After all is done and the tires are dry use a good quality tire spray to bring the luster back to the tire.
I have the molded mud flaps on my truck and I also do this on the mud flaps it get the ford logo gleaming again, I also spray the mud flaps with the tire cleaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

I use Westley's White tire cleaner and a brass bristled brush to clean mine, then the tire dressing. Seems to work well for me.

LargeCar:Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Dow Scrubbing bubbles... Use it on a wet tire,, and it will melt all the road grime off. You wont need tire dressing after.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISurvivedNMU
Dow Scrubbing bubbles...
They don't make your truck spin out down the drain do they?

LargeCar :roflmao:

LargeCar

Mafia # 19 The Dually Club # 19

If a country does not remember and honor its fallen heroes of the past, in the future that country will not be honored or remembered.

G.R. Wemmer

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:27 AM

im a detailer and all i do it spray degreaser let is sit for like 10 seconds and then pressure wash it off with the tip pretty close to the tires...so scrubing needed and takes about 13seconds.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Slaughterhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeCar
They don't make your truck spin out down the drain do they?

LargeCar :roflmao:

they work hard so you don't have too.....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 AM
Let Me See Yo Grille

Ive always used Greased Lightning (it puts simple green to shame). Spray some greased lightning on there, let it sit for about 30 seconds or so, then take an SOS pad with some soap and water on it and scrub em. It will hurt your eyes its so white! Guaranteed to amaze ya! :
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdooguy
I think the most important part of the cleaning process is the chemical you use to clean the tires I use Spray 9 or simple green.
Thanks for the Good Word! I work for Spray Nine Corporation, makers of Spray Nine. I have used it for years, even before working for the company. Just use caution around the wheels. It is strong stuff and I don't want to see anyone harm anything. When done scrubbing just rinse thoroughly. If anyone ever has any questions about Spray Nine or other Spray Nine products give me a shout. Chris

I'm a little more country than that...

2011 F-350 Extended Cab Short Box Lariat

SOLD
2004 F350 Regular Cab Long Box XLT; FX4, 6.0L and TorqShift; Manual Transfer Case and Hubs; Dark Shadow Grey Metallic; Keyless Entry; Factory Idle Control; 8 1/2' Fisher MMII; Factory 18" Wheels painted black with 305/70R18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's in the summer and XL Steel Wheels painted Black with 285/75R16 ProComp A/T's in the Winter; Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit; Isspro Pyrometer, Boost, and Transmission Temperature Gauges in an Overhead Pod; SCT by Innovative Diesel; Innovative Moderate FICM Tune; ARP Head Studs; '03 Turbo screaming through a 4" Turbo Back 409 MBRP System with both Deletes and 6" Tip.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Heres a second vote for bleech white, and the pressure washer tip. Let the bleech white sit for a minute or too, then powerwash away. Letters come out white as ever.
Justin
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 09:18 PM

get some comet a stiff brush and a bucket of water then scrub and spray with a hose. The will look better than new.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode