OUO Lift Block Traction Bars installed by ORI Yorktown, VA - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by HeavyAssault, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 3106 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Pursuit Interceptor

OUO Lift Block Traction Bars installed by ORI Yorktown, VA

I had a difficult decision to make a few months ago. I wanted to get the rear lifted a bit more and get a set of traction bars due to a takeoff vibration in the driveline. I found the OUO stuff posted up and after pricing those out I figured I'd give them a shot. I started with an ICON 4.5" lift; I added the ICON TEI up front and swapped in the OUO 6" rear lift block traction bar setup for the rear.

I can tell you the overall improvement in the ride has exceeded my expectations. The truck sits just where I want it and handles exceptionally well on the back roads and highways. I need to drive it more to see if there are no driveline vibrations but at HWY speeds I have NO vibes with an unmodified carrier bearing. The rear OUO block is a flat block but gives me a full 6" lift on the stock springs.

Being in VA and living closest to Off Road Innovations in Yorktown, VA I had Kirk and the boys do the install work. ORI comes highly recommended from friends of mine around VA. ORI made every effort to get this install done for me and worked around their schedule to get it completed. I will definitely do more business with ORI and will recommend them to my friends wanting to buy parts or gear and needing a quality shop to perform the install work.

To Dave and his crew at OUO and Kirk and his crew at ORI in Yorktown I can't express enough the quality of your product, the professionalism of the install or the amount of happiness I have when I drive my truck.

I'M STOKED!!!
Click here for slide show of other pics of the parts installed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 02:56 AM
I Wanna Go Fast!

looks good wouldnt say they are truck pulling worthy when making serious power but for the everyday truck look like a really nice setup. what is the "sleeve" looking thing on the middle of the tube?

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Pursuit Interceptor
Threadstarter

You need to see the video of a sled puller that runs these bars. He dumps the clutch and it just tugs the sled like nothing. I'm talking some SERIOUS power too, not just some stock truck sled pulling. IIRC he's got like an 8-10" as well and making some HP/TQ at the ground. His video shows several angles when he's pulling the sled. I'll need to find it for you.

That sleeve is where the two parts of the bar connect to one another. You slide one into the other, drill and with a crush sleeve bolt the two pieces together. You can get them in a fixed length bar without the sleeve. I choose this route so if I decide I need to part the gear out any other truck could run these bars.

I cant see the videos from work but it may be here.

http://www.oneupoffroad.com/home.html
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Pursuit Interceptor
Threadstarter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode