My back up sensors shut off when I put the truck into reverse, does anybody know why this is happening?
Does the indicator light on the instrumental panel button illuminate ?
Likely a sensor has faulted. As stated, dirty/salt on sensors can cause the issue.
Specifically I have had issue with the sensors on the outboard taking debris from the road in the winter (salt in particular) off the tire spray. Corrosion worked its way into the sensor itself.
1. Ignition on (truck not running)
2. Transmission in reverse on level ground - smart to block wheels
3. Walk behind vehicle and listen to each sensor (tick like sonar when operating correctly).
4. Inspect connection on those not "ticking". A shot of contact cleaner and compressed air fixed mine. If they are all not ticking, start working backward to the main connector - near spare tire. Try contact cleaner here as well.
5. Beyond this, the module could be shot.