Access POI's while the vehicle is in motion hack - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Offshore1, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 2002 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
'05 F350 CC Lariat

Access POI's while the vehicle is in motion hack

Got this off another forum. Thanks to wiingnut
My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work.

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the lower right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

Now my info and question:
Something cool - once you do the above instructions:
Press the sensor mode info button

Then it will bring up this screen. Touch any of the round dials, and you can select their function from the buttons on right.

How to get this info to display on the screen? The Pioneer AVIC units (which is what this nav system is) will allow this info to be displayed on the screen

There are a few pages of menu items. Who has an explanation of what they do?
For example - what is bound box display flag?

'08 F350 SD Lariat CC LB 4X4 6.4,
Pioneer speakers, 20% tint, Bedrug, Recon mirror lights, 2" Leveling Kit

https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...6&d=1192285018
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Offshore1 For this addition to TDG:
crosstx (10-30-2009), DieselFarmer (10-29-2009), zeddy (11-08-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 AM

is this legit?

2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 Silver

Mods Engine:
Spartan 310, 4in downpipe, 4in flo-pro exhaust, AFE intake, TCM, 3in CAC pipe

Transmission: Fully built Suncoast

Suspension:
Carli 4.5" suspension system, King Coilover shocks, rear Deaver spring pack, Xd Moster wheels, 35" Toyo Mt's

Exterior:
Buckstop Bumper, Warn 16.5 Ti winch, Warn HID lights, HID headlights, Backrack, weatherguard toolbox, Twin Viar 480C compressors, B&W turnover ball hitch

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...26-09012-1.jpg
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:31 AM

Nevermind I got off my A** and did it. It works!!!! I felt like I was casting a spell on my navigation system !!! I was hitting non existant buttons on a grey screen and it worked. Some little asian dude probably invented that think and thought he was the smart one hahaha.

Its awsome!

Great post

Thanks

2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 Silver

Mods Engine:
Spartan 310, 4in downpipe, 4in flo-pro exhaust, AFE intake, TCM, 3in CAC pipe

Transmission: Fully built Suncoast

Suspension:
Carli 4.5" suspension system, King Coilover shocks, rear Deaver spring pack, Xd Moster wheels, 35" Toyo Mt's

Exterior:
Buckstop Bumper, Warn 16.5 Ti winch, Warn HID lights, HID headlights, Backrack, weatherguard toolbox, Twin Viar 480C compressors, B&W turnover ball hitch

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/j...26-09012-1.jpg
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshore1 View Post
Got this off another forum. Thanks to wiingnut
My nav now allows me to access POI's while the vehicle is in motion. You will not find this on internet. I finally found out at work.

Here we go!

1. Take vehicle outside and agree to nav instructions. The gps needs to know its position.

2. Push hard nav button (on right side of radio). Go to your address book. Pick any of one of your saved addresses. Now that address is highlighted, look to right and push soft edit button. You will now see name of saved address.

3. Clear name of saved address and type in F-DEVELOP ON
(make sure to put space between DEVELOP and ON).

4. Now look to the upper left corner and you will see the word ADDRESS. Place your finger directly under the A and hold. If you do this right, the screen should change to the map screen.

5. Now push your hard menu button (on left side of radio). Across top of radio push soft SECURITY button. You have now entered security screen. You will see nothing in the lower right most corner of nav screen. Push your finger and hold in that position till the screen changes.

6. You now have entered a parameter screen. Locate DRIVING RESTRICTIONS release. When you push the button it should change to driving restrictions stop. Exit the screen by pushing the soft BACK button.

7. Congrats you have just programmed your factory nav radio. NOTE: Every time you turn your vehicle off, you will need to repeat steps 5 & 6.

Good luck and enjoy. If you choose to monkey around with your other parameters, do so at your own risk. I will not be responsible for your dealer service call. If you have any further questions, please pm me and I will do my best to help. This programming sequence should work for only the so called first generation navs. It will not work in the MY09, second generation. This has been used to reprogram many MY 07 and MY 08 Ford vehicles.

Now my info and question:
Something cool - once you do the above instructions:
Press the sensor mode info button

Then it will bring up this screen. Touch any of the round dials, and you can select their function from the buttons on right.

How to get this info to display on the screen? The Pioneer AVIC units (which is what this nav system is) will allow this info to be displayed on the screen

There are a few pages of menu items. Who has an explanation of what they do?
For example - what is bound box display flag?

So now when I turn on my Nav I will have to do this?

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdutytd View Post
So now when I turn on my Nav I will have to do this?
Not the whole thing....just steps 5 and 6 to get to the special menu.

Takes about 3 seconds....tops.

You can also access the special menu when the vehicle is in motion, in case forget to do it while parked.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Texas Member

cool!
that is a great tip
this should be a sticky

2008 F-250 Lariat CC/SB
NUTTY PROFESSOR KEM345, MBRP Duals (no dpf, cat,or muffler),
S&B Intake, RCD CAC, NXD 2 stage system, Bilstein 5100's, Pro-Comp trac bars, Banks intercooler, ARP studs, Suncoast tranny
ELITE: TOW Compound Turbos, EGR Delete, BOV, Wastegate, Nozzles, Ported Fuel Rails, ..

B.O.M.B Squad #29

www.kemperformance.com
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 PM

Does anyone know of a way to do this on 09+ models?

09 F-350 FX4 lux package, everything but sunroof
Suncoast rebuilt trans. and converter
Line-X box liner and rocker panels
4-lightforce lights on KC light bar
OUO Traction 5"traction blocks
Icon adjustable track bar
Air bags and compressor
Icon 2.5" Leveling kit
Marathon sled deck
Flo-pro exhaust
S&B intake

Waiting for time to install
Dirty Diesel cold side I/C pipe

CANADIAN CLUB MEMBER #15
SINGLES CLUB MEMBER #227

spartan tuned courtesy of www.dirtydieselcustoms.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 06:22 AM
H2C

Smile Access POI's while the vehicle is in motion

Offshore1 - Great info. Thanks.

I "second" the question by Rene G. Is there anyway to do this mod on the newer nav units, 2009+?

Also, is there any easy way to be certain (besides the vehicle year) of which nav unit is installed?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 03:51 PM

I'm third in line for the bypass on a 2010! I've searched the web and nothing yet...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 07:43 PM

Everything I've read says the 09 and newer units are going to need a Lockpick, from Coastaletech.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode