12V, 24V, or CR - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Blksmokejunky, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1561 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

12V, 24V, or CR

Iam getting tired of dumping money in to my 6L and not gettting the results I was hopping for. You know like getting the excesize i need but dont want! Being afraid to make long trips with my truck! Im so ready to do a cummins swap. Im just not sure what motor to go with! My first thought was CR but where I live they are hard to come by and not cheap.

I guess my question is what motor would You guys go with and Y!

This is going in my DD I would love to get 500+ reliable HP!

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksmokejunky View Post
Iam getting tired of dumping money in to my 6L and not gettting the results I was hopping for. You know like getting the excesize i need but dont want! Being afraid to make long trips with my truck! Im so ready to do a cummins swap. Im just not sure what motor to go with! My first thought was CR but where I live they are hard to come by and not cheap.

I guess my question is what motor would You guys go with and Y!

This is going in my DD I would love to get 500+ reliable HP!

THANKS
my answer would hafta be the 12V because i would think it'd be easier and cheaper. Only because of the wireing and electronics. Not saying that it aint gonna cost money to make HP out of the 12V, but i also think the 12V would be more reliable being mechanical

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
my answer would hafta be the 12V because i would think it'd be easier and cheaper. Only because of the wireing and electronics. Not saying that it aint gonna cost money to make HP out of the 12V, but i also think the 12V would be more reliable being mechanical
I think it would be the simplest to use too.
I think the electronics would be a nightmare on the other two choices too. However, being a 24V (dodge) user, I'd opt for the CR if you wanted the newer design - being that the IPs in the 24V are not noted for reliability.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have been looking around and checking somethings out and found I can pick up a 24V cheaper than a 12v or a CR. Im thinking a 24v and converting it to a P-pump and running a standard trans. What do you think?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 AM

just make sure it isn't the 53 block.
P-pumping it makes great sense.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 12:50 AM

Garage
I'm partial to the 12v with stick. I've had mine since new and it couldn't be a better truck. It is pretty much all mechanical and easy to work on for the most part. It is loud and sounds like a tractor but then again it is a truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode