The Diesel Garage banner

this may be a stupid question but......

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chasewhite05 
#1 ·
I have a 12 valve cummins thats going in my 05 v10 superduty.before i start my swap i got the motor without the fuel pump(p-pump is missing).my question is if I buy an airdog or airdog 2 system will I have to still by the p-pump to complete my swap?im a total novice when it comes to these systems and how they work but from my understanding they replace the factory p-pump ao I wouldnt need it.if this is true which model should I get,the one for a powerstroke or the one for the 12 valve?I read that the airdog 2 hooks up to the factory fuel line so i wouldnt need the draw straw.also how do i delete the old v10 fuel pump just pull it out?if i do will my stock filler gauge still work?

#2 ·
If it is the p-pump that is missing you will need to get a new one. That is what delivers the high pressure diesel to the injectors, it is all about pressure. The FASS or Airdog is what gets the fuel from the tank to the p-pump you would use one of those to replace the lift pump. The lift pump is like the type of pump from a pre-1960's motor. There are other options I have seen people use insted of the FASS and Airdogs that might save you a little money. I am running mine off the factory Ford Diesel set up until it can no longer keep up, then I will get an Aero pump and some filters and make my own set up.

#3 ·
thanks 04lariate,i dont think i can run my stock pump since mine is originally from a v10.since i have to get the pump just to get it running but ill still eventually get the airdog when i can afford it.i need to get off my *** and get this 12 valve installed.its killing me having the engine just sitting in front of me but its been really cold lately

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.