The Diesel Garage banner

anybody in close to the north or south carolina area?

4K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  southernfourbyfour 
#1 ·
im planning on starting my 12 valve swap in my 05 superduty soon but I would like some help from somebody that has experiance doing one already.please let me know if you would are close to my area and can help me out:help

#4 ·
well ill be home sometime this summer and im a few hours away unless i move to hickory. im startin to aquire parts for mine as well, havent done one but ive done engine swaps n custom stuff before and we have the 6bta in our patrol boats so ive got experience with the cummins as well

#6 ·
navy. currently my place is in lawrenceville va i believe im about 3 hrs from you roughly. ive gotta see what shape this 250 is in when i get home so i can either bulletproof it or get ready to do a swap myself. I def have all the tools needed

#7 ·
thats cool i was in the usmc but got out in 09.whats wrong with your truck?i know 6.0s have a really tough time keeping themselves intact.i got an 05 v10 and for some reason it doesnt run in the winter.ive replaced every possible thing i can think of but still havent fixed it yet.not even the dealer knows whats wrong with it.i bought the truck knowing i would do this swap eventually though i just didnt expect to have to do it so soon.hopefully we can get together and do the swap on both our trucks.

#8 ·
dunno, dont think anything is wrong. got it cheap only paid 10500 for it with just under 300k on the dash. trucks immacculate but i bought it over here so i wont know engine condition til this summer. i figure with that many miles and bein in that shape either it was well taken care of and already upgraded or that with the money i saved i would put that towards the parts to do the swap and just do it when it finally blew

#9 ·
thats a great deal even for the mileage,just make sure you do an undercoating on the frame cause these trucks are very easy to rust.i wanted a diesel but i myself got my truck for 8k.its was everything i wanted but the diesel engine.its just a bare bones work truck,no carpet all vinyle interior with manual 4wd shifter.it is a auto with the torqshift trans but im going with the dodge 5speed so i can make the swap as low cost as possible.

#10 ·
:goodvsevil:goodvsevil

fully loaded 06 lariat fx4, I want to either build the trans in mine or swap in the 6spd allison. im also aiming for a 24v or a cr. but who knows maybe i have a rare 6.0 and ill get another 300k out of it :goodvsevil

#12 ·
let me know when you start on it. ill pm you when im finally back home and settled in. im looking at this bpd stuff and might do an oil cooler egr cooler and ficm upgrade. if that takes me to another 100k problem free itll be worth the 3k over the swap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.