anybody in close to the north or south carolina area? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by chasewhite05, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 3131 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

anybody in close to the north or south carolina area?

im planning on starting my 12 valve swap in my 05 superduty soon but I would like some help from somebody that has experiance doing one already.please let me know if you would are close to my area and can help me out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 PM
ASE certified awesome

how soon do you plan on starting your swap

06 f250 6.0 284,000 on the clock
the chevy guy with a powerstroke in the garage
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

hopefully this summer ill start the swap.ill be sending my wiring harness off to be done so it should make the swap 12 times easier but i will be running the 12 valve with the nv4500 and my stock transfer case.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM
ASE certified awesome

well ill be home sometime this summer and im a few hours away unless i move to hickory. im startin to aquire parts for mine as well, havent done one but ive done engine swaps n custom stuff before and we have the 6bta in our patrol boats so ive got experience with the cummins as well

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

sweet deal man hickory nc is literally 30 minutes away from me.i live in asheville right now but may be moving to greenville sc for a new job.are you in the military?if so what branch?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 AM
ASE certified awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasewhite05 View Post
sweet deal man hickory nc is literally 30 minutes away from me.i live in asheville right now but may be moving to greenville sc for a new job.are you in the military?if so what branch?
navy. currently my place is in lawrenceville va i believe im about 3 hrs from you roughly. ive gotta see what shape this 250 is in when i get home so i can either bulletproof it or get ready to do a swap myself. I def have all the tools needed

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thats cool i was in the usmc but got out in 09.whats wrong with your truck?i know 6.0s have a really tough time keeping themselves intact.i got an 05 v10 and for some reason it doesnt run in the winter.ive replaced every possible thing i can think of but still havent fixed it yet.not even the dealer knows whats wrong with it.i bought the truck knowing i would do this swap eventually though i just didnt expect to have to do it so soon.hopefully we can get together and do the swap on both our trucks.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
ASE certified awesome

Quote:
thats cool i was in the usmc but got out in 09.whats wrong with your truck?i know 6.0s have a really tough time keeping themselves intact.i got an 05 v10 and for some reason it doesnt run in the winter.ive replaced every possible thing i can think of but still havent fixed it yet.not even the dealer knows whats wrong with it.i bought the truck knowing i would do this swap eventually though i just didnt expect to have to do it so soon.hopefully we can get together and do the swap on both our trucks.
dunno, dont think anything is wrong. got it cheap only paid 10500 for it with just under 300k on the dash. trucks immacculate but i bought it over here so i wont know engine condition til this summer. i figure with that many miles and bein in that shape either it was well taken care of and already upgraded or that with the money i saved i would put that towards the parts to do the swap and just do it when it finally blew

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

thats a great deal even for the mileage,just make sure you do an undercoating on the frame cause these trucks are very easy to rust.i wanted a diesel but i myself got my truck for 8k.its was everything i wanted but the diesel engine.its just a bare bones work truck,no carpet all vinyle interior with manual 4wd shifter.it is a auto with the torqshift trans but im going with the dodge 5speed so i can make the swap as low cost as possible.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 AM
ASE certified awesome

Quote:
thats a great deal even for the mileage,just make sure you do an undercoating on the frame cause these trucks are very easy to rust.i wanted a diesel but i myself got my truck for 8k.its was everything i wanted but the diesel engine.its just a bare bones work truck,no carpet all vinyle interior with manual 4wd shifter.it is a auto with the torqshift trans but im going with the dodge 5speed so i can make the swap as low cost as possible.
fully loaded 06 lariat fx4, I want to either build the trans in mine or swap in the 6spd allison. im also aiming for a 24v or a cr. but who knows maybe i have a rare 6.0 and ill get another 300k out of it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode