The Diesel Garage banner

04 fummins mechanical fan setup

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  04_6.0 
#1 ·
Those of you out there that have been running a mechanical fan clutch and fan blade on your swap which setup did yall use? Does it keep the A/c cool at idle and what not? Thanks for any help with this matter.

#2 ·
If you are going to spend any money on the fan system I would seriously look into a Horton electric thermatic fan.
Just a thought!

#3 ·
I would really like to stick mechanical fan setup. Seems to work well. I have a very bad experience with electric fans on my rock crawler

#9 ·
I'm running the stock 12V fan and the 6.0 shroud with stator deleted. but I have not hooked up my ac yet so it will be a few weeks before I can give you any input. I know you are having issues with the ac at stops, so can't you just add a small pusher fan in front of the condensing coil to help when you are stopped in traffic? Hate to see you sell it just because of this.

#12 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for the insight. My a/c works great! It was the high pressure switch. Blows 39*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.