The Diesel Garage banner

47rh to ford NP273 leak

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  04lariatfx4crewcab 
#1 ·
If the t-case is supposed to seal the transmission mine must be too short. So what do you think I should do to fix this? Do I need to get a longer input shaft for the t-case or should I just try to find a dodge t-case and make that work.

#2 ·
update...

After I broke 2 sockets, a #13 box end, and rounded the bolt (the very top of the transmission @ t-case) I decided to remove all the interior and carpet and cut a 4"x4" access hole in the floor just under the front middle seat. I then used a socket for rouded off bolts to no avail. So I switched to my #13 impact socket with a 1/2" drive and used my 3/4" drive breaker bar with 1/2" reducer and she broke free. Installed a gasket and reassembled it. So far so good.

I took this oppertunity to add some sound deadener under the carpet. I used a roofing sealer tape I got from Lowes. It is a foil tape with a butyl backing (just like dynamat material) it is a 6"x25' roll and costs under $20.00. I used two layers on my fire wall when I installed my 12v. It is quieter than my 6.0l was inside the cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.